website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah those are hopeful videos, somewhat (you know, it'd be more hopeful if situations like this didn't exist in the first place). Sadly most of the times one sees a 'confrontation' video like this here, it's sort of the opposite. Well, partially, the one thing that is the same is the 'aggressive' person is generally hateful towards Jews as well*, like this guy.

*but also towards Christians, or atheists

Yeah going through private religious education while questioning your faith is a rough spot to be in. I had many classmates who had no problem with my beliefs about religion, some tried to change my beliefs (did it in a nice, respectful way that I could easily tolerate and have a genuine conversation), and others would just straight up attack me for my beliefs. I’m totally fine having those peaceful, respectful, tolerant conversations about religion (because that’s how it should be if you’re going to talk about it in the first), and I even understand that they can become intense and heated at times just like a political or social debate. I just have no tolerance for people attacking someone like this. Anyone, from any faith, who tells you that you’re a sinner, or going to hell; has already booked a direct flight there. Religion can be a great, wonderful thing, but like politics, it’s all about power.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah going through private religious education while questioning your faith is a rough spot to be in. I had many classmates who had no problem with my beliefs about religion, some tried to change my beliefs (did it in a nice, respectful way that I could easily tolerate and have a genuine conversation), and others would just straight up attack me for my beliefs. I’m totally fine having those peaceful, respectful, tolerant conversations about religion (because that’s how it should be if you’re going to talk about it in the first), and I even understand that they can become intense and heated at times just like a political or social debate. I just have no tolerance for people attacking someone like this. Anyone, from any faith, who tells you that you’re a sinner, or going to hell; has already booked a direct flight there. Religion can be a great, wonderful thing, but like politics, it’s all about power.

Had a conversation about pretty much exactly this just last night :p I like coincidence

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

but sometimes when you try to protect someone you will get a knife or a punch in your face :lol:

In my book it’s worth the risk. I’ve made the ultimate sacrifice for someone else, and stood for what I believe in. If I’m going die, saving someone else from a similar fate would be a pretty damn good way to go.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In my book it’s worth the risk. I’ve made the ultimate sacrifice for someone else, and stood for what I believe in. If I’m going die, saving someone else from a similar fate would be a pretty damn good way to go.

I get your point, but if you did, you wouldn't be alive anymore mate.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Had a conversation about pretty much exactly this just last night :p I like coincidence

Well one thing the world definitely has too many of is religious nuts. Somebody has to put them in their place :p

Well one thing the world definitely has too many of is religious nuts. Somebody has to put them in their place :p

I wasn't putting anyone in any place though, it was the kind of conversation you talked about is perfectly fine (respectful, calm).

Just now, heywoodu said:

I get your point, but if you did, you wouldn't be alive anymore mate.

Death is a part of life. We’ll all die sooner or later, but if my death gives the gift of life; it was worth it. This is all assuming you actually die from a stabbing or gun shot. With modern medicine your chances aren’t completely terrible. 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I wasn't putting anyone in any place though, it was the kind of conversation you talked about is perfectly fine (respectful, calm).

Ah yes, those are nice too :d

Edited by Olympian1010

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Try to do this with Muslims and trigger another jihad. I realize Christians must be the worst of them all for you but at least they won't cut your head off. If you want to start a global jihad then be my guest.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Try to do this with Muslims and trigger another jihad. I realize Christians must be the worst of them all for you but at least they won't cut your head off. If you want to start a global jihad then be my guest.

People who believe in the idea of a warlike jihad aren’t Muslims. They are terrorists. The Muslim religion should be one of peace, unfortunately modern leaders in that part of world have weaponized it as a political tool. Most Muslims I’ve meet don’t feel that way.

Christians are just as mad. Different book, different guy, same perversion.