website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, heywoodu said:

Everyone I 'know' from that area fits in one of these two categories indeed :evil:

I know what I am :d. I actually generally vote centrist because it’s better for the country. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yep, UK is easily the most calm and politically stable country in the world without any problems on the street or whatsoever, specifically in the past few years.

I was going to say “minus Brexit”. Historically though, it’s been the most stable, given people the most rights, and been the most prosperous.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 1 hora, Olympian1010 dijo:

My political science professor is an international conspiracy theorist. Thinks Iran will start WW3 soon, Hayes Argentina (seems to think it’s poorer than Mexico and as poor as Guatemala)

Mexican economy is stronger but I think levels of poverty are quite similar, maybe in Mexico it's still a bit higher. 

Anyway, sounds like such a random reference to make when you are talking about Iran or China. 

Just now, LDOG said:

Mexican economy is stronger but I think levels of poverty are quite similar, maybe in Mexico it's still a bit higher. 

Anyway, sounds like such a random reference to make when you are talking about Iran or China. 

Dude has some weird grudge against Argentina 

FML ? (Not that polls really matter currently, but it’s still a bit depressing)

So, I just found out a kid was arrested for threatening to shoot my sisters school today. I’m so not impressed with this country. Threats were also made to 2 other local schools, and kids were scared to death all last night. I also just saw the news that a 10 year old had been shot and killed at a high school American football game. It’s just sad. It’s so upsetting, and yet no one will do anything. I’m down to march, to protest, to boycott, etc.; but no one feels strongly enough about American youth to do anything. It’s quite depressing, and it’s no wonder the suicide rate among American youth is rising.

Bougainville will head to the polls staring on November 23 to decide wether or not they wish to become independent from Papua New Guinea. The vote is non-binding meaning their could be a lengthy period before complete independence. The vote is expected to be overwhelmingly for independence. There’s a strong possibility we could see a new NOC by Paris2024 or LA2028. Bougainville will almost immediately become one of the worlds poorest countries after independence.

Chuuk will also hold an independence referendum next year. They wish to leave the Federated States Of Micronesia. Apparently the legal grounds aren’t that solid for independence, and if the vote succeeds, there will be a lengthy legal battle.