website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

When I look at the election results, I just wonder if this is a dream? I immediately say when it comes to my private attitude towards which party closer to me I will say that he adheres to the principle. That for many years I have been an apolitical man and despite the urging of many people, I did not go either to the left, to the right or in the middle. I am a man of Sport and I stick to it

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The older generations are voting further and further right, while the younger generations are voting further and further left. Very interesting. US election will have similar trend. I’ll have to look back and forward at other elections to further study this trend. I think we may be on the verge of moving from far-right to far-left very quick. 

This is not a new phenomenon. Over the ages, it has been trend. Younger generations are always left leaning and as they age they tend to lean toward right. In fact, there are many variations of "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35, You Have No Brain" type to capture this shift. 

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

This is not a new phenomenon. Over the ages, it has been trend. Younger generations are always left leaning and as they age they tend to lean toward right. In fact, there are many variations of "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35, You Have No Brain" type to capture this shift. 

Right, I’m aware this. However, this new version of that trend is different in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

... And a pretty surprising plot twist: While PIS retains control of the Sejm, it loses majority in the "upper chamber" of our parliament, the Senat. The opposition parties KE+KP+LEWICA managed to unite before the election, and have most likely taken control of the Senat, but what's surprising is that they won with just 1 seat :yikes:There are 100 places in the Senat, and the Grand Coalition takes 51 while PIS takes 49 of them

The Senat is not as important as Sejm, but it can for example veto bills and send them back to the Sejm, so it is really big news, especially since Law and Justice controlled both chambers since 2015.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

A great argument for Kurdish independence

I am fully for an independent Kurdish state. They should be allowed to keep the land the defender and protected from ISIS. Though they want Iranian and Turkish land too, they need to settle for what they have. Honestly, this is mostly the fault of :GBR and :USA

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

A great argument for Kurdish independence

I am fully for an independent Kurdish state. They should be allowed to keep the land the defender and protected from ISIS. Though they want Iranian and Turkish land too, they need to settle for what they have. Honestly, this is mostly the fault of :GBR and :USA

That was an interesting documentary but very one-sided. I know a lot of injustice happened for Kurdish people, in Iraq, in Turkey in Iran and Syria.

We always hear the story of they defeated ISIS (which is a myth) but it wasn't like they helped anybody. actually they crawled back to their own region when ISIS was taking over half of Iraq and Syria. their reaction was "we don't care, they are not our enemy" they only came to fight ISIS because they had to. because ISIS was coming for them. and they should stop counting on USA (or any other country) to do something for them. where was USA when Saddam dropped chemical bombs on them and killed thousands of innocent souls ? and from where Saddam got those bombs ? of course they gave Saddam those bombs to use it against Iran (which he did) but he also killed lots of Kurdish people in process.

this Turkey/Kurds conflict created lots of discussions here in Iran as well. we have lots of Kurds and Azeris living here , obviously they take side in this conflict. personally I don't know what to say because while Turkey's attack hurt the innocent civilians (which is terrible and they should stop it immediately) but they also have the right to defend themselves against the terrorists, how come USA can fly oceans and invade 2 countries for that and Turkey can't invade 30 km next to its borders ?

based on my own experiences with Iranian Kurds most of them consider themselves Iranian first, but an independent Kurdistan will create chaos even in Iran, some of those lands you see in that map aren't only for Kurds. there are other ethnics living there as well. nowadays people move inside the country and marry someone from another ethnic group. you can't draw a line and say people in the left are 100% Kurds and people on the right are 100% not Kurds.

btw things are messy in this region. and I think there is no solution for some of these conflicts. I think the only one benefits from this is Bashar Asad, Kurds have no other option to go back to him. (probably that's what Turkey wants too)

Edited by MHSN

Just now, MHSN said:

We always hear the story of they defeated ISIS (which is a myth) but it wasn't like they helped anybody. actually they crawled back to their own region when ISIS was taking over half of Iraq and Syria. their reaction was "we don't care, they are not our enemy" they only came to fight ISIS because they had to. because ISIS was coming for them. and they should stop counting on USA (or any other country) to do something for them. where was USA when Saddam dropped chemical bombs on them and killed thousands of innocent souls ? and from where Saddam got those bombs ? of course they gave Saddam those bombs to use it against Iran (which he did) but he also killed lots of Kurdish people in process.

this Turkey/Kurds conflict created lots of discussions here in Iran as well. we have lots of Kurds and Azeris living here , obviously they take side in this conflict. personally I don't know what to say because while Turkey's attack hurt the innocent civilians (which is terrible and they should stop it immediately) but they also have the right to defend themselves against the terrorists, how come USA can fly oceans and invade 2 countries for that and Turkey can't invade 30 km next to its borders ?

based on my own experiences with Iranian Kurds most of them consider themselves Iranian first, but an independent Kurdistan will create chaos even in Iran, some of those lands you see in that map aren't only for Kurds. there are other ethnics living there as well. nowadays people move inside the country and marry someone from another ethnic group. you can't draw a line and say people in the left are 100% Kurds and people on the right are 100% not Kurds.

btw things are messy in this region. and I think there is no solution for some of these conflicts. I think the only one benefits from this is Bashar Asad, Kurds have no other option to go back to him. (probably that's what Turkey wants too)

Well at least the Kurds were willingly to fight ISIS unlike Assad and Iraq (at least until it became easy for them too). 

Saddam absolutely got those bombs from the US because we love to give crash courses in how not to run foreign policy. I honestly don’t know a worse country when. it comes to the US besides DPRK. I do apologize for the US’s role in Saddam’s reign by the way, if that means anything to you or others. 

The Kurds aren’t terrorists, that’s why Turkey doesn’t have the right to invade. There hasn’t been mass skirmishes along the Turkish border. As far as I know the situation was peaceful before tiny-dick Erogodan and his terrorists came along. At the same time I won’t justify the US’s actions, expect when it comes to our work in Afghanistan and our role in defeating ISIS. No, Turkey can’t invade. No one’s supposed to invade. We can’t just decide when hate Canadians and go for an ethnic genocide. There’s a big difference between defense and offense. Turkey only needs 5km at most, and even that’s generous. 

In the situation an independent Kurdistan becomes a thing (it probably won’t), I believe the following should happen. The Kurds keep the territory they took and defended from ISIS. Kurds living in Iran and Turkey are allowed to move to Kurdistan if they want too. Those who choose not to move will be denounced by Kurdistan if they cause trouble. The UN and OSCE would observe the transition period.

There’s absolutely no solutions for the shitshow that is the Middle East and surrounding areas. I have mad respect for those of y’all that have cooler heads, a desire for peace, and continue to try to live there. Yes, Assad hasn’t been this strong since 2011.