website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 hours ago, konig said:

Sadly, the palestianians choose Hezbolla, so they choose to dont have peace.

Of course, because if you ask politely maybe the leaders of the country that invaded your territory could change their minds and return it to you as if nothing happened, right? Look at how Great Britain responded so nicely when asked to return the Falkland Islands to Argentina.

I mean, I don't want to be sarcastic, but I cannot help it.

This whole situation with Israel and Palestine is insane. I don't support the Hezbollah, but I'm utterly disgusted (and have always been) by Israel and the Zionists, so I don't judge the Palestinians for getting tired of being tortured, killed and expelled from their territory, so they had to choose a radical approach to combat the fascist state that invaded their territory. Nobody wins, of course.

7 hours ago, konig said:

The only democracy (and a real good one) of all middle east.

Wait, there is a good democracy in the Middle East? Usually at least to the outside world it seems to be one eternally raging fire to which every single 'group' just keeps adding more and more and more and more fuel to make sure the fire never settles down into something calm and peaceful.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, there is a good democracy in the Middle East? Usually at least to the outside world it seems to be one eternally raging fire to which every single 'group' just keeps adding more and more and more and more fuel to make sure the fire never settles down into something calm and peaceful.. 

I would like to point out that Lebanon’s been fine since thier civil war (besides the separatists that attack at the border every so often). What’s interesting is that the least democratic countries: Oman, Jordan, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain are the most peaceful.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would like to point out that Lebanon’s been fine since thier civil war (besides the separatists that attack at the border every so often). What’s interesting is that the least democratic countries: Oman, Jordan, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain are the most peaceful.

Sad as it is, I guess there are parts of the world where breaking human rights and oppressing people who don't agree with you or have different beliefs and preferences is actually necessary to keep the whole thing from descending into mad chaos and never-ending civil war. Take Libya: I might be entirely wrong, but at least when they had a dictator stuff like infrastructure, healthcare and education was really quite good, relatively speaking. Sure, there was a ruler who imposed bullshit religious rules on people (you know, the 'you should go to jail for years because you like the wrong person' kind of rules), but at least there was no situation where major military battles were so commonplace they're not even news anymore...

The Libya-thing is based on reading things people said who look like they are somewhat educated on the matter, so it might be wrong :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Apparently there's a military coup going on in Sudan at this very moment. Rumours have it Al-Bashir is (finally) gone, at least from power, and an 'important statement' is coming up.

Just now, DaniSRB said:

nato makes everywhere interventions except Israel/Palestina region

Probably knowing that especially about this specific situation, literally everyone consists of extremely emotional ladies (© @bestmen) and so doing anything there is going to result in the most predictable huge war ever :whistle: 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Probably knowing that especially about this specific situation, literally everyone consists of extremely emotional ladies (© @bestmen) and so doing anything there is going to result in the most predictable huge war ever :whistle: 

we emotionally only have small war for decades

Just now, DaniSRB said:

we emotionally only have small war for decades

I'm feeling dumb now but I don't understand what you mean :red: 

An emotional war? You mean in/around Israel?