website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

I think here we could vote at the train station as well earlier this month. I think it's quite convenient actually. Personally I didn't vote there, ever since I could vote I did so in my old elementary school, but since this year that was not a location anymore :( So this time it was the old people's home nearby :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Once again the interest is really unusually high considering our standards. people also come from abroad only because of the elections. Yes, the Slovak presidential election cannot be elected from abroad. So if you are our citizen and living abroad you have to be in Slovakia the day of elections to be able to vote :wall:

A moment ago I saw a report about a man who is living and working for years in Argentina, he had to buy a airline ticket and ask for a vacation at work only to be able to come and vote, the same with one girl that arrived yesterday from Australia. One boy studying in the Czech Republic went nearly hundred kilometers by bicycle to the firstvoting station behind the borders this morning just to vote. :d

also both candidates have already voted. so who will be my new president ? :p

Zuzana Čaputová

Spoiler

4108394_1000x.jpeg?rev=4

or Maroš Šefčovič

Spoiler

4107352_625x.jpeg?rev=3

btw there also options in our betting companies to bet for this election, one guy already won 17 500 euro in the first round (he had the guts and placed 9 999 Euro on Čaputová´s 1st round win with odds 1.75) https://ekonomika.sme.sk/c/22077477/za-vitaztvo-caputovej-v-prvom-kole-volieb-zinkasuje-tiper-takmer-17-500-eur.html :d

Just now, hckosice said:

also both candidates have already voted. so who will be my new president ? :p

Zuzana Čaputová

Reveal hidden contents

or Maroš Šefčovič

Reveal hidden contents

btw there also options in our betting companies to bet for this election, one guy already won 17 500 euro in the first round (he had the guts and placed 9 999 Euro on Čaputová´s 1st round win with odds 1.75) https://ekonomika.sme.sk/c/22077477/za-vitaztvo-caputovej-v-prvom-kole-volieb-zinkasuje-tiper-takmer-17-500-eur.html :d

I hate when news outlets bring something as 'big winnings' when in fact someone just had high stakes :p 

If I bet one billion euro on "Will Russia win at least one match at the ice hockey world championships?" at odds of 1.01, I win 10 million euros, but risked quite a lot :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I’ll place 100 million (whatever they have in Turkmenistan) on thier President to win re-election 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

51.2 % of votes counted

e156a124-ab02-4d8f-b4b0-00a407844adb.png

She is leading in 7 of the 8 regions so far, In Bratislava region it´s not even a fair fight after 44 % of the votes counted, so the biggest stations of the capital are not even counted yet lol

Interesting difference also in Košice region after 48 % of the votes counted

Spoiler

638818c9-0f00-44e5-9a2a-635f1bcc2403.png