website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

21 hours ago, dcro said:

Not yet, but you can see the candidates here http://portlandflag.org/2015/06/09/23-finalists-for-new-fiji-flag/

All of them are much better than the current one.

48 is just a weird adaption of the CZE flag :d 

43 and 44 are clearly inspired by Tokelau, 49 and 50 are way too "Palau-ish", 42 and the others with that brown thing are horribly boring, 35 is way too different.

My choices:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Today it's referendum day here in the Netherlands, where we can vote for or against the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine%E2%80%93European_Union_Association_Agreement

Probably the result will be a clear "No/Against", but probably the government won't give a damn and simply sign the Agreement anyway :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, 2 big diplomatic crysis in Italy.

Italy-Egypt

After Regeni's case the Italian embassy is empty. Al Sisi in parlament say that Secret Servix aren't coinvot and that Italian and Egyptian medias tell lies.

Egyptian Minister Shoukrysaid he would not give any printout to Rome prosecutors.

Meanwhile footballer of the roma Salah could leave A.S. Rome to government pressure.

Italy-Austria

ItaIian President Mattarella and Foregine Minister Gentiloni send a letter to European Union for the Austria's wall in Brennero.

Austra said that , in the event of a diplomatic escalation , could close completly the Brennero.

For the brazilians users in here, who can give me a more real and trustful answer: Can you explain me what the hell is happening in Brazil right now?

Here (in Portugal) they're showing a lot of confusing news about the "impeachment", showing the people in the streets, and the mess in the parlament, but there's something the Tv news never talk about and that I still don't understand: why all this? why is the parlament "kicking" away the Brazilian President? what was the trigger? :mumble:

25 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

For the brazilians users in here, who can give me a more real and trustful answer: Can you explain me what the hell is happening in Brazil right now?

Here (in Portugal) they're showing a lot of confusing news about the "impeachment", showing the people in the streets, and the mess in the parlament, but there's something the Tv news never talk about and that I still don't understand: why all this? why is the parlament "kicking" away the Brazilian President? what was the trigger? :mumble:

If you have a country with a "wild" parliament, this may happen. Usually PMs are the one impeached, but this the first time I ever knew a president is going to be impeached (Indonesia has done it once though, after the president tried to abolish the Indonesian People's Consultative Assembly). I heard that there is a national petroleum company corruption scandal and other things that made Rouseff lost public support. They said that it is going to bring Brazil to recession on the economy... Maybe any Brazillian user can help more regarding this issue

55 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

If you have a country with a "wild" parliament, this may happen. Usually PMs are the one impeached, but this the first time I ever knew a president is going to be impeached (Indonesia has done it once though, after the president tried to abolish the Indonesian People's Consultative Assembly). I heard that there is a national petroleum company corruption scandal and other things that made Rouseff lost public support. They said that it is going to bring Brazil to recession on the economy... Maybe any Brazillian user can help more regarding this issue

Brazil has a presidential system, not a parliamentary one. The head of government and the head of state is the same person, so there is no PM, only a president.

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

I suppose you speak Portuguese, then indicate this link. It is a picture sequence with texts that explain the situation.

About Rio 2016 and this crisis: link.

Personal opinion: it is very much a war for power than something that emanates from the people. Overall, the Brazilian citizen is very poorly politicized. It is very easy to use it with mass anti-government maneuver.

Another issue is that our House of Deputies (I dont know if it's the right term in english) is a joke. Yesterday we had fascists and religious discourses and politicians using their time to send kiss to the family during the impeachment vote.