website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Day of resignations in South Asia. Entire Sri Lankan cabinet apart from PM Mahinda Rajapaksa has resigned. This follows the emergency which was imposed recently by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa. Sri Lanka has been facing a lot of economic turmoil recently which has started to result in civil unrest. 

3 hours ago, konig said:

What is your opinion about SNS?

Personally I strongly dislike our president, but honestly he have a lot of good moves in couple of last years. 

If we talk about the economy,he did a lot of good things. Numerous factories have been opened, unemployment is quite low and living standards are generally rising. The state passed through covid quite easily and the economy even prospered. Maybe that was his biggest political achievment. His policy of cooperation with everyone and sitting on more chairs is currently yielding good results at the foreign policy level.

Today, Serbia has excellent relations with Russia, China, Turkey on the one hand, but also with the United States, Germany, NATO, and this policy of military neutrality and cooperation with all is yielding results. for now.

But the main problem is that the ruling party is doing all this in a rather authoritarian and undemocratic way, a lot of media is owned by them and the level of democracy in the country has stagnated for several years. An even bigger problem is that the opposition does not offer anything new, they are just lost in space.

I did not vote for the ruling party this time. 

Huge victory for Orbán, truly historic. There's literally no hope for anyone else to win an election in Hungary until something truly catastrophic happens to the Hungarian economy, he's just too powerful and too popular. I was a fool for thinking that there was a chance. There never was. 

24 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Huge victory for Orbán, truly historic. There's literally no hope for anyone else to win an election in Hungary until something truly catastrophic happens to the Hungarian economy, he's just too powerful and too popular. I was a fool for thinking that there was a chance. There never was. 

Same story with your southern neighbour, Vučić destroyed all oponents and won in first round with almost 60% 

5 hours ago, opruh said:

These recent election results are another big win for China! France, Pakistan and Brazil too follow.

Yeah, it really is. Orbán already opened the gates for China with the Fudan university in Budapest, and this is only the beginning. He probably lost Putin as a major anti-West ally on the world's stage because Russia will be weakened no matter how the war ends, not to mention that his allies inside the EU (Poland, V4) now hate Russia even more. "It's free real-estate" - China looking at Hungary, probably. 

People will say that this is a win for Putin, when the reality of the situation is that China will reap the benefits of literally everything that we currently see happening in Europe. The new world order is here. I just hope that our Chinese overlords will be kind to us.

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, it really is. Orbán already opened the gates for China with the Fudan university in Budapest, and this is only the beginning. He probably lost Putin as a major anti-West ally on the world's stage because Russia will be weakened no matter how the war ends, not to mention that his allies inside the EU (Poland, V4) now hate Russia even more. "It's free real-estate" - China looking at Hungary, probably. 

People will say that this is a win for Putin, when the reality of the situation is that China will reap the benefits of literally everything that we currently see happening in Europe. 

May I know how do Hungarian think about the China-built Belgrade-Budapest railway? Is it still under construction inside the Hungary part? 

Just now, Vic Liu said:

May I know how do Hungarian think about the China-built Belgrade-Budapest railway? Is it still under construction inside the Hungary part? 

I would say that business with China will always be seen as a "necessary evil" even by Orbán's supporters due to the whole communism thing, but as long as these projects don't harm the Hungarian economy, nobody will truly care outside of a vocal minority who mostly live in Budapest. Basically you can do whatever you want here, just try to not mention communism while you are doing it. 

I honestly don't know how the project going right now, I assume it's going very slowly because the last few years hasn't been great because, you know, COVID and stuff. It will probably get made eventually unless the countries collapses in the next few years. 

In other news our PM almost got a heart attack yesterday after one member of his cabinet (minister of Economy himself) said in a moment of brain complete outage in our TV show that if it will be necessary then Slovakia will have to pay the Russian gaz in Rubels :lol:

The PM´s answer obviously did not last too long and immediately stated this will never happen... :p