website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Not even the right wing business papers here describe Boric as communist, they only mention that the communist party is in the coalition. I'm going to guess this is the usual: wanting social welfare = communism = bad :lol:

People still fooled by that old line, eh?  :whistle: Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, Pol Pot, Chavez, all described by western “experts” as pragmatic moderate leftists at one time or another.

48 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

People who never lived in a communist country should never tell others how great communism is :mad:

I don’t feel like anyone was doing that here…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

37 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

People still fooled by that old line, eh?  :whistle: Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, Pol Pot, Chavez, all described by western “experts” as pragmatic moderate leftists at one time or another.

yeah, better to believe some randos on sports forums claiming that everyone with economic views left of Bolsonaro's is a wannabe communist dictator.

23 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

yeah, better to believe some randos on sports forums who claims that everyone with economic views left of Bolsonaro's is a wannabe communist dictator.

I suppose it’s possible that there really are both millionaire Nigerian princesses & moderate Communists out there somewhere, but I don’t expect to see any in my lifetime.

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

People who never lived in a communist country should never tell others how great communism is :mad:

If the alternative was a normal presidential candidate, sure. If the alternative is a supporter of a former repressive dictator... bit of a different story.

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

If the alternative was a normal presidential candidate, sure. If the alternative is a supporter of a former repressive dictator... bit of a different story.

I got news for you - communism is also a repressive dictatorship system! Can't believe someone still supports Communist Party & Marxists politicians forming any sort of government in 2021.

Just now, Monzanator said:

I got news for you - communism is also a repressive dictatorship system! Can't believe someone still supports Communist Party & Marxists politicians forming any sort of government in 2021.

I can't believe someone is supporting executing dissidents in 2021, if we're going to go with the most extreme elements of the coalitions of the winning candidate.

Also, is Boric even a Communist? He certainly has Chile's Communist party in his coalition, but Boric himself has been pretty consistently opposed to the Nicaraguan, Cuban and Venezuelan governments as far as I can tell.