website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 hours ago, konig said:

Comunist victory in Chile, Gabriel Boric is the new president.

Oh well, the other guy (Kast) sounds like a true horror show, so at least he didn't win :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Interestingly, the media here seems to be in such an awe over Boric being a Croatian-Chilean that they don't even bother to mention he is one of those (domestically much despised) commies. :lol:

I dont know why but the press refers him like "leftist candidate" and the conservative candidate Kast was the "far rigth" candidate basing in who was his father and nothing more....

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

Historically that works out marginally better than fascism at least...

Seems like there was a real lack of mainstream options in the second round.

Well, for me both are mostly the same but in Latin America the fascist goverment dissapear many years ago, all the contrary the communism have 3 dictatorships: Nicaragua, Cuba and Venezuela. There are anothers goverments trying to did the same: Argentina, Peru, Bolivia and "may be" Chile.

Trudeau for me is a mad fanatic of the political correction but a luxury than our latin americas "commies" candidates.

59 minutes ago, konig said:

I think exactly the contrary 😛

I guess every single website writing about his standpoints (against this freedom, against that freedom, yet another typical climate change/science denier, somewhat comparable with the actual horror show that is Bolsonaro, etc) accidentally wrote the opposite then :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The other guy is a Chilean Bolsonaro, im glad for my fellow Chileans that Boric is the new president.

I think we gonna be free next year and Bolsonaro wont win as all election pools are showing. Thanks God looks like the winds are changing over here.

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I guess every single website writing about his standpoints (against this freedom, against that freedom, yet another typical climate change/science denier, somewhat comparable with the actual horror show that is Bolsonaro, etc) accidentally wrote the opposite then :p 

Mostly of the press is leftist, only for that, he is "far rigth" candidate, it was an election between conservative and communist candidates, im not conservative but i prefer one of them against any communist, Boric is the political "reencarnation" of Salvador Allende.

15 minutes ago, konig said:

Mostly of the press is leftist, only for that, he is "far rigth" candidate, it was an election between conservative and communist candidates, im not conservative but i prefer one of them against any communist, Boric is the political "reencarnation" of Salvador Allende.

Instead of just saying "But the press is super duper leftist!!", explain why Kast is not a far right candidate and which of his standpoints as described by the 'leftist press' (including definitely non-leftist press) are not true?

Or will the arguments in favour of Kast just remain with "But the press!", like Trump-fans often did? And if so, we know certain people have certain...right-wing views. Which is fine, but in your wording, that should also mean we should not believe it when they call this Boric guy a communist.

I mean, if leftists calling Kast a far-right guy is wrong, surely rightists calling Boric a communist guy is wrong. Or does it only work one way?