website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

39 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Cancel culture has showed up in European Union. Using the words "Christmas", "Mr.", "Mrs", "John", "Mary" are recommened to be banned in official EU language in a 30-page memo.

So EU goes all inclusve, unless you are Christian or your name is John or Mary. What a bunch of morons. And they wonder why people turn against the EU so much? Another proof that liberalism is a complete folly and uses the same methods communism did before.

https://www.politico.eu/article/european-commission-cancel-christmas-inclusive-language-lgbtq/

It’s hilarious, to me, to see conservatives whine and moan about cancel culture, when much of conservative political policy has been that exact thing for years.

Theory of evolution disagrees with your personal religious views, ban states from teaching it. Two men/women kissing makes you, personally, feel uneasy, ban it. You don’t agree with an accurate historical account of slavery, ban it being taught in school. Starbucks puts “happy holidays” on cups instead of “Merry Christmas,” call for a boycott of Starbucks. An NFL player peacefully protests what he views as an injustice, call for him to be ejected from the league. Etc.

Conservatives love acting like their above this shit, but they’ve engaged in it for just as long as any other political group. I ain’t trying to start a whole “they said/we said,” but I won’t tolerate the moral hypocrisy of conservatives, or really anyone, claiming to be above cancel culture, since most everyone has participated in some form of it at one time or another.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s hilarious, to me, to see conservatives whine and moan about cancel culture, when much of conservative political policy has been that exact thing for years.

Theory of evolution disagrees with your personal religious views, ban states from teaching it. Two men/women kissing makes you, personally, feel uneasy, ban it. You don’t agree with an accurate historical account of slavery, ban it being taught in school. Starbucks puts “happy holidays” on cups instead of “Merry Christmas,” call for a boycott of Starbucks. An NFL player peacefully protests what he views as an injustice, call for him to be ejected from the league. Etc.

Conservatives love acting like their above this shit, but they’ve engaged in it for just as long as any other political group. I ain’t trying to start a whole “they said/we said,” but I won’t tolerate the moral hypocrisy of conservatives, or really anyone, claiming to be above cancel culture, since most everyone has participated in some form of it at one time or another.

Well, guess after the latest failure in Afghanistan and millions of dollars lost on "promoting" democracy Americans need a feel good punchbag again. I don't believe even EU gives a damn about Colin Kapernick though - neither does NFL anymore. Sorry, you can't win all the ideological wars after all.

Starting in January, Greece will be fining unvaccinated residents aged 60+ 100 euros per month. I am vaccinated and a supporter of the Prime Minister but disappointed in him for this. I think there are other ways to go about this and it's unfair to people who don't want to receive the vaccine in my opinion.

Former Toronto Mayor Mel Lastman is dead at 88.

Known for making the following remarks when Toronto was bidding for the 2008 Olympics:

""What the hell do I want to go to a place like Mombasa?... I just see myself in a pot of boiling water with all these natives dancing around me." He also said he and his wife are afraid of snakes."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/lastman-apologizes-over-and-over-for-off-the-cuff-remarks-1.254922