website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

12 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Interesting. Doesn't seem to be a sensible decision. All over the world, leaders are facing varying voter wrath due to the pandemic. Is he sensing that he can increase his seats due to lack of preparation of opposition? 

This is the only explanation really.

51 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

it is even more chaotic and horrifying than Saigon if the video is true.

of course it's true, there are lots of similar videos on social media.

that's more like "end of the world" movies :(

I have access to some Afghan TV channels. most of them are still on air, but no music, no women, no movies. they are still showing cricket though

40 minutes ago, MHSN said:

of course it's true, there are lots of similar videos on social media.

that's more like "end of the world" movies :(

I have access to some Afghan TV channels. most of them are still on air, but no music, no women, no movies. they are still showing cricket though

Some extent of chaos is within expectation, but airplane taking off with people clinging on the surface and seeing them dropping off is totally beyond my imagination. Firstly I saw it reported by Russian media and I thought it’s fake news.

29 minutes ago, konig said:

Please Trump, come back, the world is clearly better with you in the presidence....

Not this total bullshit again.

Yes, Biden is partially at fault. But no, Trump is absolutely not free from any blame in this, not even close. If it were up to Trump, the result would have been the same, only a year earlier.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, konig said:

Please Trump, come back, the world is clearly better with you in the presidence....

Trump wanted to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan even earlier (May 1st) and he also reduced military presence in the area. Yeah, the world would be clearly much better with him… :whistle:

1 hour ago, konig said:

The people who now lead Afghanistan got released from custody because of the deal Trump signed with the Talibans...

The way the withdrawal has gone is obviously a disaster, but if what you wanted was for the US to maintain a presence in Afghanistan what you should have wanted was for Trump to lose the 2020 Republican primary to someone like Rubio or Sasse. Just a month ago Trump was complaining that Biden wasn't withdrawing fast enough.

26 minutes ago, diable said:

Trump wanted to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan even earlier (May 1st) and he also reduced military presence in the area. Yeah, the world would be clearly much better with him… :whistle:

Well, in the case of Latin America (where i am from) Russia and China wont be doing whatever they want here..... but in summary with Biden we have an inmigration problem and a 7,8% of inflation, in my country that is nothing but i presume for you is A LOT.

@NearPup @heywoodu

Good or bad, there was a peace treaty unfulfilled for Biden and a clearly underrated of the taliban danger, now we have another victory from China in this part of the cold war.