website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, prso1000 said:

So when he starts to deport gays and Roma and Jews you would still let him do otherwise he will increase his win at the next elections. 

just listen to yourself. Ultimately you can do whatever you want in your country, but don’t expect that you are still invited to all parties. And yes I would stop any flow of money to Hungary from EU. 

I just don't believe in sanctions against internal political decisions, especially in cases where the population of the country is clearly on the side of the government who have been democratically elected. This is also why it's incredibly silly to see people claim that Orbán is a dictator, he and his policies are the product of Hungarian freedom. I personally don't agree with where that freedom led us, but it is what it is, at least it's not something that was forced on the country from people living far from us. 

And the EU doesn't have the right to punish its members for ideological differences, that goes against the fundamental purpose of this economical union. Orbán is absolutely right when he says that we didn't enter the union to change our views and adopt Western liberal ideals, we (as in both Hungary and the EU) did it for the money. The real reason for any kind of sanctions would be the massive corruption that Orbán has enabled in the country, but you don't see protest against that in Western Europe, most likely because Westerns politicians would have a hard time explaining how the EU fueled that corruption and was fine with it for over a decade in a system so broken you start to wonder how much money Germans and other Western Europeans made on this deal if Orbán and his party became so rich. They either made a same amount of money or even more on it than Orbán or they are suckers, but I believe that the people leading Western Europe aren't suckers and know how to become even more rich, just like Orbán. We will get invited to all the parties as long as the EU still makes money on this.

1 minute ago, Jack Gonçalves said:

I hope Munich just ignore UEFA and does it. Why can't they color their stadium as they wish? =)

No doubt because UEFA have sold the stadium-coloring-with-lights permissions to some Chinese betting company.

China mainstream media and foreign ministry these days keep urging all citizens leave Afghanistan ASAP. It indicates that Taliban may control most land and the country will be back to chaos even whole scale civil war soon. 

We will soon have a another Middle East mess to follow. Let’s see how the US troops withdrawal process.

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

I just don't believe in sanctions against internal political decisions, especially in cases where the population of the country is clearly on the side of the government who have been democratically elected. This is also why it's incredibly silly to see people claim that Orbán is a dictator, he and his policies are the product of Hungarian freedom. I personally don't agree with where that freedom led us, but it is what it is, at least it's not something that was forced on the country from people living far from us. 

And the EU doesn't have the right to punish its members for ideological differences, that goes against the fundamental purpose of this economical union. Orbán is absolutely right when he says that we didn't enter the union to change our views and adopt Western liberal ideals, we (as in both Hungary and the EU) did it for the money. The real reason for any kind of sanctions would be the massive corruption that Orbán has enabled in the country, but you don't see protest against that in Western Europe, most likely because Westerns politicians would have a hard time explaining how the EU fueled that corruption and was fine with it for over a decade in a system so broken you start to wonder how much money Germans and other Western Europeans made on this deal if Orbán and his party became so rich. They either made a same amount of money or even more on it than Orbán or they are suckers, but I believe that the people leading Western Europe aren't suckers and know how to become even more rich, just like Orbán. We will get invited to all the parties as long as the EU still makes money on this.

But Hungary did sign the Copenhagen Criteria and have done troubling things on both human rights and democracy (especially press freedom).

The main reason that Hungary haven't been punished is Poland standing in the way, just like Hungary have been helping Poland.

2 hours ago, Jack Gonçalves said:

I hope Munich just ignore UEFA and does it. Why can't they color their stadium as they wish? =)

The stadium unfortunately will not be. I live in Munich.  But the whole city is being prepared today with rainbow flags 

also the close by stadium areas. 
?

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

China mainstream media and foreign ministry these days keep urging all citizens leave Afghanistan ASAP. It indicates that Taliban may control most land and the country will be back to chaos even whole scale civil war soon. 

We will soon have a another Middle East mess to follow. Let’s see how the US troops withdrawal process.

Afghanistan was always a mess. the world just didn't care. Taliban gained power the moment USA said they want to make a deal with them. there were lots of unbelievable tragedies in past few months, killing pregnant mothers (or those who just gave birth with their babies), suicide bombing at a university, and the last one (which was really really heart breaking) planing a bomb next to a schoolgirl and killing lots of innocent little girls.

USA forced the Afghan government to release 5000/6000 of them and they are back in streets killing people and taking towns after towns. without the help of foreign troops, Afghanistan army is going to lose to this war. in probably 3 or 4 years. and the world doesn't care as long as Taliban promises to not have terrorist attacks outside of Afghanistan borders. and one must be very stupid to believe Taliban's promises.

I also can't believe those in power in Iran invited these animals and "talked" to them. just because they "think" Taliban is the enemy of our enemy. Taliban itself IS the enemy. enemy of humanity. you can't talk with these guys. you can't make a deal with them. they killed lots of Iranians before, diplomats included. and they will do that again once they regain the full power in Kabul.