website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

16 minutes ago, Vektor said:

We aren't taking steps back, Hungarian society isn't going back

I should have phrased it differently I guess, more like 'a country's laws being set back in time so far in one move'. And especially connecting it with that anti-pedophile bill is extremely nasty, not only as a political 'trick' but also because it gives the awful signal that basically gay people and pedophiles should be seen the same.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, it's rare (and sad) to see a country take such a huge step back in time :( 

With all due respect this is your opinion and believes. Westerners should really stop with their moral superiority complex of teaching other people, nations, cultures on how to live their lives. 

53 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, it's rare (and sad) to see a country take such a huge step back in time :( 

nobody can beat Iran in this regard. :(

and we will take another step back in few days in the next election when a monster will be elected as the president.

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

and we will take another step back in few days in the next election when a monster will be elected as the president.

I experienced an interesting thing related to this when i was visiting Armenia: groups of women who would come from Iran to "experience freedom", dance and drink and have fun without issues.

We met an armenian girl who was tour guide there, and she sometimes got shocks when she would pick up iranian girls at the border, full dressed and covered with burkas, leave them at hotel, and then when she returned to the hotel to pick them for the tour she would never recognized them because they would be dressed without any religious clothes....

12 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

With all due respect this is your opinion and believes. Westerners should really stop with their moral superiority complex of teaching other people, nations, cultures on how to live their lives. 

How on earth is it not a huge step backwards to present homosexuality, a rather natural thing which really doesn't hurt anyone other than people who are victims of homophobes, as something that should be hidden far away? It really is perfectly fine to go "you're a guy, and you're in love with this person, cool...but that's also a guy, so no, too bad" (which laws like these basically imply)? That has nothing to do with moral superiority (puh..lease), and all with allowing people to live their lives in ways that doesn't hurt anyone (hence why pedophiles and such shouldn't even be anywhere near this discussion, because they do, in fact, hurt others).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

I experienced an interesting thing related to this when i was visiting Armenia: groups of women who would come from Iran to "experience freedom", dance and drink and have fun without issues.

We met an armenian girl who was tour guide there, and she sometimes got shocks when she would pick up iranian girls at the border, full dressed and covered with burkas, leave them at hotel, and then when she returned to the hotel to pick them for the tour she would never recognized them because they would be dressed without any religious clothes....

that's half correct but not exactly . nobody wears Burka ! that's something else (loose Hijab) and they usually don't wait until the hotel to remove that. most people remove that in the plane

btw people do everything in private parties etc. but if you want to go to a club, you won't find one in Iran.

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

Same with us and facemasks.  :old:

Orbán has done it again, his goal was to fracture the Hungarian opposition before the next election, and it looks like the pedophile/LGBT law was perfect for that. The left-wing opposition parties are boycotting the vote on the law, while the right-wing opposition party will vote in favor of the law. We will see in the near future if this will be enough kill the unity of the opposition, right now many progressives are obviously extremely pissed. I would say that things will settle down if in the opposition primary the left-wing will win, but right now polls show that the leader of the right-wing opposition party is the most liked prime minister candidate. 

But honestly, if this is enough to kill the united opposition, they really shouldn't win the next election, because it shows that they still don't understand culture of the country outside of Budapest and aren't fit to represent the entire nation. 

On 11/06/2021 at 14:33, MHSN said:

speaking of taking steps back, my country jumped a huge step (that was more like a triple jump) back yesterday. :( The Angel of Death himself won the "so called" election yesterday and will be the next president for the next 4 years (and most probably 8 years and maybe stay in power forever) and who knows if there will be another presidential election. this might be the last one.

despite everything and all helps he had, his number is almost the same as 4 years ago (when he lost handily to the current president) but he won this time because 1) there was nobody serious to challenge him, they disqualified everybody notable to make sure he wins, 2) lots of people (including everybody I know) decided to boycott the election. 48% is the lowest turnout in history here.

50 minutes ago, MHSN said:

speaking of taking steps back, my country jumped a huge step (that was more like a triple jump) back yesterday. :( The Angel of Death himself won the "so called" election yesterday and will be the next president for the next 4 years (and most probably 8 years and maybe stay in power forever) and who knows if there will be another presidential election. this might be the last one.

despite everything and all helps he had, his number is almost the same as 4 years ago (when he lost handily to the current president) but he won this time because 1) there was nobody serious to challenge him, they disqualified everybody notable to make sure he wins, 2) lots of people (including everybody I know) decided to boycott the election. 48% is the lowest turnout in history here.

Who is this "angel of death"?, what can you inform us about him?