website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

13 hours ago, opruh said:

There's a giant Disneyland in Shanghai, China with winnie the pooh attraction ride,  Comrade Xi is probably flattered by being compared to a very popular icon in america. (more popular than Biden). :coffee: 

I wonder if Yuzuru Hanyu will cause an International incident at the 2022 Olympics when his fans will throw hundreds of Xi Jinping plushes on the ice.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Will the minor stand-off in East Ukraine become a major conflict between proxies of US and Russia? 

I'm shocked USA has noticed there is still war going on in Donbas :lol:

Zelenskiy is obviosly bluffing. USA won't give a damn about Ukraine like it hasn't given a damn the last 10  years already :p

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm shocked USA has noticed there is still war going on in Donbas :lol:

Zelenskiy is obviosly bluffing. USA won't give a damn about Ukraine like it hasn't given a damn the last 10  years already :p

I am worried the innocent actor would be full of bravery and confidence because of a comfort call and literally start some unpredictable battle. Ukraine is a failed country but not Syria yet, don’t go that far.

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

I wonder if Yuzuru Hanyu will cause an International incident at the 2022 Olympics when his fans will throw hundreds of Xi Jinping plushes on the ice.

Dude it's just political caricature. We have tons of Pooh in the shopping malls. Throw as many plushes as they like. Everybody has a good laugh.

On 03/04/2021 at 03:56, NearPup said:

Nothing to worry about, he's got lot of Chinese fans. Chinese fans are rich, they are going to drown the stadium with Pooh Jinping plushies and the western media in dsbelief will publish numerous articles stating that it's all cgi. :popcorn:

Elections for Parliament today here. With the pandemic and restrictions, it is expected a lesser turn-out, around 40-45%. That would be a million less votes than in 2017. Because of that, it is also expected that a larger number of parties will pass the threshold - 6-7, even 8 parties, if it gets weirder :d

New this time, is that there is a machine voting, along with the paper one. So far, the politicians and famous faces they show on TV say that they have voted with paper, because the don't trust the machines and the software installed. :d As for the ordinary people, it's more 50-50 from what i've heard and people are using machines more for curiosity and fun.  

10 hours ago, Federer91 said:

because the don't trust the machines and the software installed. :d

That seems smart. So far machines are simply more unsafe than paper and one can wonder if that will really ever change. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That seems smart. So far machines are simply more unsafe than paper and one can wonder if that will really ever change. 

I'm actually surprised at the large amount of people that wanted to vote with the machines today. They even showed on TV an 80 year old grandma, who wanted to try the machine, but it wasn't working in her section and she was very disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

I'm actually surprised at the large amount of people that wanted to vote with the machines today. They even showed on TV an 80 year old grandma, who wanted to try the machine, but it wasn't working in her section and she was very disappointed. 

Probably because a lot of people think "oh cool!" and don't realize it's not actually 'cool', but unsafe :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!