website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Must be due to his Cuban roots. Americans still have a heavy anti-Cuban bias IMO.

It has more to do with Cruz being a giant asshole. 

He voted against emergency aid for states affected by Hurricane Sandy because that storm only affected “blue” states.

He also voted against giving aid to California during our struggles with wildfires. 

He was also one of the Senators who objected to the certification of the election of Joe Biden based on unfounded claims about election fraud.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg on Cruz. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 19/02/2021 at 17:57, Olympian1010 said:

It has more to do with Cruz being a giant asshole. 

He voted against emergency aid for states affected by Hurricane Sandy because that storm only affected “blue” states.

He also voted against giving aid to California during our struggles with wildfires. 

He was also one of the Senators who objected to the certification of the election of Joe Biden based on unfounded claims about election fraud.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg on Cruz. 

Texas, New York and California are three states that are like countries within a country IMO. No politician from any of these states cares a damn thing about USA but only about the state they live in. Senator from Texas doesn't care about California? Geez, like that's old news. What happened with the idea California would be better off leaving USA and forming an independent Republic? :p I seem to recall you were on board with that solution?

On 19/02/2021 at 18:55, Monzanator said:

Texas, New York and California are three states that are like countries within a country IMO. No politician from any of these states cares a damn thing about USA but only about the state they live in. Senator from Texas doesn't care about California? Geez, like that's old news. What happened with the idea California would be better off leaving USA and forming an independent Republic? :p I seem to recall you were on board with that solution?

Which is why I think it makes sense to call Cruz out, like I originally did. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Which is why I think it makes sense to call Cruz out, like I originally did. 

Since you live in one of the three states in question, you're kinda biased to begin with. And I don't hear you calling out California over anything (probably because it's a Democrat state and Democrats always do things better than everyone else :p ).

Could anyone verify if this news true and what's the extent of this influence? This is widely reported by Chinese We media and I feel China can't wait one more minute to offer financial support for Scotland. And if needed, please don't hesitate to contact Beijing for money, in a secrete way for sure.

Politico rips Joe Biden for going silent on Nord Stream 2. Of course this senile fool will cave in and succumb to Germany & Russia interests here. So USA replaced an alleged Russian puppet with a guy who is scared to upset Russia too :lol:

https://www.politico.eu/article/biden-silent-on-sanctions-as-nord-stream-2-speeds-ahead/

On 21/02/2021 at 12:28, Vic Liu said:

Could anyone verify if this news true and what's the extent of this influence? This is widely reported by Chinese We media and I feel China can't wait one more minute to offer financial support for Scotland. And if needed, please don't hesitate to contact Beijing for money, in a secrete way for sure.

Good, I hope that an independent Scotland and united Ireland will be a reality as soon as this year.