website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

National Guard soldiers are forced to sleep on the floor and Cortez-Ocasio offers them snacks as consolation :roflmao:

I see Democrats don't have any reasonable ideas now they can't blame Trump for this anymore.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55775517

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Ah yes, Mongolia, the proverbial butt of jokes even in communist Poland back in the day :p Does New York Times realize 99,9% Americans probably can't even show Mongolia on the map? :evil:

Hey, let’s show some respect here.  Has Poland ever conquered Mongolia? I think not.  Has Mongolia ever conquered Poland?  :red:  Why, yes it has, yes it has.

30 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Hey, let’s show some respect here.  Has Poland ever conquered Mongolia? I think not.  Has Mongolia ever conquered Poland?  :red:  Why, yes it has, yes it has.

There's nothing in Mongolia worth conquering, that's the issue. Hence why Mongols were the conquerors themselves. Great Britain applied the same logic during its Empire days :p However Mongolia, Poland and France are the only three nations that ever conquered Moscow - something that Great Britain, Germany or USA never managed to do ;)

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

There's nothing in Mongolia worth conquering, that's the issue. Hence why Mongols were the conquerors themselves. Great Britain applied the same logic during its Empire days :p However Mongolia, Poland and France are the only three nations that ever conquered Moscow - something that Great Britain, Germany or USA never managed to do ;)

Not that case from the perspective of China or Russia. China and Taiwan KMT party (former China ruling party) are still blaming each other lost Mongolia.  

4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Not that case from the perspective of China or Russia. China and Taiwan KMT party (former China ruling party) are still blaming each other lost Mongolia.  

Because of copper and coal? I don't see anything else worth grabbing?

Most Empires over the centuries were naval dominant. It's hard to get to Mongolia by sea :p so maybe that's why Europe never really cared about them.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Most Empires over the centuries were naval dominant. It's hard to get to Mongolia by sea :p so maybe that's why Europe never really cared about them.

Not because of any particular resource but because of massive land and superiority of dominance. Land and people are the most important resource in traditional Chinese culture. 

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Mongolia does have a Navy though :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela