website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, rajiv said:

You have to remember that US foreign policy is decided in Tel Aviv ( or is it Jerusalem these days ? )

If you don't like this analysis check out how many of a less than 2% minority are in Biden's cabinet .

Also as for all Biden's public Catholicism  ( the only Roman Catholic I've heard of who is 100% pro abortion without any qualification ) remember ALL his grandchildren are  being raised as Jewish 

Of course you aren't allowed to notice these things much less speak of them 

1) Any source for that?

2) Why would it matter?

3) I think the same is true for Trump‘s grandchildren, so at least you would have some continuity there.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 hours ago, Monzanator said:

The very same! Sillicon Valley wants more money poured into their projects than in medical system for the poor and ethinic minorities IMO. Classic rich want to get richer issue.

A lot of people in Silicon Valley like the idea of an universal basic income very much, so I think that Sanders becoming president wouldn’t be the worst thing in their own opinion.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

A lot of people in Silicon Valley like the idea of an universal basic income very much, so I think that Sanders becoming president wouldn’t be the worst thing in their own opinion.

Everybody likes it until they work out they are the ones who are going to have to pay for it.

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Don’t mean to be rude, but you are being naïve.  All these anti-whiteness, diversity training sessions are directly inspired by Maoism.  Ditto the destruction of historic monuments, the revision of University syllabuses, mass struggle against Professors - all classic Maoism, created and designed by lifelong Maoists like Bill Ayres & the Weather Underground. 

Well, you’re entitled to believe your conspiracy theories. I’m not going to waste my time addressing them though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, you’re entitled to believe your conspiracy theories. I’m not going to waste my time addressing them though.

Money is crystallised sweat.  Remove the link between money & work and whatever you once called money becomes mere paper, and something else becomes money.  Denying this is like denying ice is cold.  A whole century of history bears this out.  

Anyone who says the contrary is either a fool or is bent on destruction.

USA rejected John Keynes economical theories which probably explains why Olympian1010 is so negative here. It's no wonder Margaret Thatcher is so unpopular to this day because she rejected Keynes as well IIRC. The "free market rules everything" which runs rampant in USA stands in direct opposition to Keynes' ideas as well. And this is why I say repeatedly that capitallism is more important than democracy in USA.

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Money is crystallised sweat.  Remove the link between money & work and whatever you once called money becomes mere paper, and something else becomes money.

Most people on the left would argue that the issue with how capitalism currently works in the US is precisely that there is a big disconnect between who does the work and who gets the benefit from said work, so I'm not sure banal platitudes are super helpful here.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Most people on the left would argue that the issue with how capitalism currently works in the US is precisely that there is a big disconnect between who does the work and who gets the benefit from said work, so I'm not sure banal platitudes are super helpful here.

If the 2008 financial crisis didn't teach you that the rich will always get away with their greed and the poor will always pay the debts I don't know what else will? Just watch The Big Short if anything.

USA and North America in general remains in awe of the "free market controls everything" and if anything goes wrong (which it usually does on a repeated basis) then all the fancy economists from left & right are quick to blame the faceless "market" or "system" clearly forgetting there are specific people behind every system to begin with. It's no coincidence Alan Greenspan - the most powerful US economist of the last 30+ years was a staunch critic of the Keynes theories because he (AG) wants the market to rule everything under every circumstances - including the poor paying off the rich's debts.

Just now, Monzanator said:

If the 2008 financial crisis didn't teach you that the rich will always get away with their greed and the poor will always pay the debts I don't know what else will? Just watch The Big Short if anything.

USA and North America in general remains in awe of the "free market controls everything" and if anything goes wrong (which it usually does on a repeated basis) then all the fancy economists from left & right are quick to blame the faceless "market" or "system" clearly forgetting there are specific people behind every system to begin with. It's no coincidence Alan Greenspan - the most powerful US economist of the last 30+ years was a staunch critic of the Keynes theories because he (AG) wants the market to rule everything under every circumstances - including the poor paying off the rich's debts.

I don’t see where you are disagreeing with me?