website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Okay, so just so I can be clear what your argument is, you said: Sweden has social stability and hasn’t fought in many modern wars. The US lacks social stability and has fought in basically every modern war. Americans look up to Sweden as a model of a better society. Americans are dumb for doing so.”

So your argument is: Sweden has better social stability and is more peaceful than the US, and Americans are dumb for wanting to follow their example, even though the US lacks social stability and struggles to stay out of conflicts.

I don’t understand why Americans shouldn’t want our society to be more like Sweden’s then, if they have better social stability and stay out of more conflicts? It seems like Americans should want to be more like Sweden given those two points.

But America always gets involved in war conflicts, the bailed out in Syria because Obama wanted to be peaceful and Russians came marching in instead. And Syria is considered a major tire fire ever since (and nobody cares about that anymore). Not to mention Pentagon would be furious for cutting funds, I know isolationism sounds great on paper but USA has moved themselves into the biggest geopolitical player since 1945 and you can't sustain that position if suddenly you go into isolation. What's the point of NATO existence if USA goes neutral by choice? Besides, China and Russia would LOVE to see USA going neutral and like you've said, whatever makes China and Russia happy is an absolute no-no for American society. Not to mention there is no money like war money. United Kingdom didn't pay the Lend & Lease debts until 2006! - some 60 years after WWII ended (and that's an official account).

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

But America always gets involved in war conflicts, the bailed out in Syria because Obama wanted to be peaceful and Russians came marching in instead. And Syria is considered a major tire fire ever since (and nobody cares about that anymore). Not to mention Pentagon would be furious for cutting funds, I know isolationism sounds great on paper but USA has moved themselves into the biggest geopolitical player since 1945 and you can't sustain that position if suddenly you go into isolation. What's the point of NATO existence if USA goes neutral by choice? Besides, China and Russia would LOVE to see USA going neutral and like you've said, whatever makes China and Russia happy is an absolute no-no for American society. Not to mention there is no money like war money. United Kingdom didn't pay the Lend & Lease debts until 2006! - some 60 years after WWII ended (and that's an official account).

You have to remember that US foreign policy is decided in Tel Aviv ( or is it Jerusalem these days ? )

If you don't like this analysis check out how many of a less than 2% minority are in Biden's cabinet .

Also as for all Biden's public Catholicism  ( the only Roman Catholic I've heard of who is 100% pro abortion without any qualification ) remember ALL his grandchildren are  being raised as Jewish 

Of course you aren't allowed to notice these things much less speak of them 

12 minutes ago, rajiv said:

You have to remember that US foreign policy is decided in Tel Aviv ( or is it Jerusalem these days ? )

If you don't like this analysis check out how many of a less than 2% minority are in Biden's cabinet .

Also as for all Biden's public Catholicism  ( the only Roman Catholic I've heard of who is 100% pro abortion without any qualification ) remember ALL his grandchildren are  being raised as Jewish 

American Jews are not in lockstep with Israel, at all. Traditionally Evangelical Christians are the most pro-Israel religious group in the US. And that's a religious group that is fairly marginalized among the Democratic party.

Democrats also generally really hate Bibi.

Some religious groups in America tend to not be super, well, religious. Many Americans consider themselves Jewish or Catholic despite not practising their religion in any meaningful way (as a random example, this American considers himself Catholic despite being an atheist).

Likud is a right-wing party so it's obvious Democrats hate Netanyahu :p  They're lucky nobody accuses them of anti-semitism like the Labour Party in UK was but like mentioned above, most US Jews are actually estranged from Israel. I guess zionism isn't doing great these days anymore :coffee:

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It just remains funny how some people are such sore losers :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can't decide whether I'm to feel entertained or worried by Greene. This and the face mask showing how she's censored while speaking in the House is pretty damn hillarious. Meanwhile QAnon (and plenty of other conspiracy theories) actually getting to the Hill is concerning.

2 hours ago, rajiv said:

First of all the ambassador’s office is in Jerusalem 

second, I’m Assuming that Biden did not just stopped a random Jewish in the street and let him run an office...

third you are allowed to observe this and say this but it’s the action or the non based info that bother a lot of Jews around the world, 

Israeli and American Jews does not have a lot in common, I’ll be back with the rest of my things late because I got to go :facepalm:

A0050688-C41F-42CA-BBFE-924C2D409FE6.jpeg

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I don’t know many, if any, Americans who want that. 

Don’t mean to be rude, but you are being naïve.  All these anti-whiteness, diversity training sessions are directly inspired by Maoism.  Ditto the destruction of historic monuments, the revision of University syllabuses, mass struggle against Professors - all classic Maoism, created and designed by lifelong Maoists like Bill Ayres & the Weather Underground.