website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

We‘ll see about that ...

Also: Once again great job connecting unrelated things to support your narrative.

Child welfare connects this case. In Poland it's the liberals who want this taken away (because the "state can't afford it" as our former minster of finance said)   just like the liberals in Netherlands. Rich will NEVER understand the poor and this Dutch government collapse is a living proof of this.

Marc Rutten is lucky he's not American because he would have been accused of racism after illegally punishing the immigrants & Muslim minority like that.

On 15/01/2021 at 16:43, Agger said:

I see that the Dutch Government has ended up stepping down. Can you tell more about the situation, @heywoodu?

I barely understand the problem in Dutch, let alone in English :lol: 

I do know it all started with a massive fraud by tons and tons of Bulgarians, who basically came to the Netherlands to say "Yeah I live here" (meaning they got welfare money to pay rent for a whole year in advance) and "Yeah I have X children" (same thing), got the welfare money on a Dutch account, went back to Bulgaria, took all the money off and never set foot in the Netherlands again. Quite literally free money without anything to do for it, millions of euros disappeared that way.

That got a whole ball rolling in tax problems and such: it made rules stricter, but they kinda went too far and made certain rules too strict, which led to people being accused of fraud incorrectly, but having to pay big fines without really have a chance to prove they did not commit fraud.

As always, there's some angry people, there's some people who think it's bullshit to have the whole cabinet step down because of it, and so on. Anyway, it won't have much effect since elections are in two months (planned) anyway.

Personally I think Rutte will end up being prime minister after the elections again (for a fourth time). Everything on the 'right' to that is just an absolute mess (Thierry Baudet's 'Forum voor Democratie' being the top mess and Geert Wilders' 'Partij voor de Vrijheid' being just your standard 'all Islam should be illegal' kind of moronic talk), a whole host of options more towards the left is either incompetent or just less aligned with my ideas than Rutte's VVD.

In the end, VVD is the - in my opinion - best option of the relatively centrist parties, the others in that area are just not my 'thing' (like D66, which often just swings from one side to another depending on what's their mood, or so it seems).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Columbus, lol.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!