website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Well...that went about as well as expected. At least they actually got to talk about some policy for a change, so that’s nice. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Biggest takeaway seems to be that Trump failed to condemn white supremacy, and then told the Proud Boys to “Stand down and stand by.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Since when are debates about facts? :p

That, in and of itself, is an issue honestly. 

In proper debate, both sides argue a specific issue. They both make arguments supported by facts/research. Speaking times are respected. Each side as allotted time to present their argument. They are then given time to question the other side about their position. Both sides then get concluding statements. No personal attacks are allowed. You aren’t allowed to go over time.

I just can't see Trump winning this at all. He clearly failed to win any new states (not even NH), and yet he stands to lose Arizona, Michigan, NE-2, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and perhaps Florida.

Losing any 3 of these could pretty much be enough to lose it all. :wacko:

#banbestmen

Really says it all!

I'll just say that I'll never complain about Danish debates again.

Biden dodged the traps that Trump tried to put out (especially trying to make Biden seem like a part of the radical left).

No doubt that he didn't seem all too strong. He didn't make major gaffes (though he was a bit incoherent from time to time) and I do to some point like his way going into the debate, but a stronger debater would have destroyed Trump today (but the again, Clinton did very well in the debates and that didn't help at all)