website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Uh oh, someone found the tax returns...

Here’s a quick guide to how tax laws work

1. Leftists want to confiscate money from rich, successful people
  2. Leftists vote for poor, never-held-a-proper-job losers & thickos like Sanders, Corbyn, AOC etc
  3. Rich people hire IQ 175 top-of-their-class-at-Harvard lawyers & accountants
  4. Leftists write laws in crayon full of mis-spellings, torn paper & peanut butter smears
  5. Rich people effortlessly skip through loopholes big enough for pods of whales to swim in
  6. Leftists throw tantrums, break their toys.

Moral? Leftists want decent legislation? Stop voting for dumbo loser legislators.

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Here’s a quick guide to how tax laws work

1. Leftists want to confiscate money from rich, successful people
  2. Leftists vote for poor, never-held-a-proper-job losers & thickos like Sanders, Corbyn, AOC etc
  3. Rich people hire IQ 175 top-of-their-class-at-Harvard lawyers & accountants
  4. Leftists write laws in crayon full of mis-spellings, torn paper & peanut butter smears
  5. Rich people effortlessly skip through loopholes big enough for pods of whales to swim in
  6. Leftists throw tantrums, break their toys.

Moral? Leftists want decent legislation? Stop voting for dumbo loser legislators.

What a horrible take ...

I also very much doubt that the „average“ person with an IQ of 175 chooses to become a lawyer ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Truth hurts, eh?

Maybe? I am not hurt by your take, since I don’t care about American politics or society. I am also not a leftist (or „rightist“), since I think that seeing the world as either black or white is way too simple and is also responsible for a lot of the current problems (especially in the US). From your comments I gather that you have chosen a side and aren’t open to looking at problems from a different direction, which is why I don’t think that this „discussion“ will lead anywhere.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

And now there’s three countries engaged in war...

It’s important to remember that Turkey and Azerbaijan are extremely close allies. I remember Turkey getting home-like cheers and support during Baku 2015.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In other news, tonight is the first US Presidential Debate. It will probably be a laughing stock.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It's time for the political debate with two dumbs that are candidate for become US President, honestly i don't know who is the worst, i would never be American and have the right to vote...

In other news, the main Italian political channel start the live coverage (Chicco we lo you :p) :cheer:

48 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's time for the political debate with two dumbs that are candidate for become US President, honestly i don't know who is the worst, i would never be American and have the right to vote...

In other news, the main Italian political channel start the live coverage (Chicco we lo you :p) :cheer:

Yep, it’s going to be debate chock-full of fantastic answers like:

”Could you please repeat the question?” and “That’s a nasty question. I’m not going to answer that.” 

Plus, we’ll probably get a couple of long winded rambling responses that make absolutely zero sense, and a few sad attempts at sick burns.

Also, this isn’t a debate. Candidates aren’t required to speak in fact. That aren’t going to be fact-checked by the moderater. They’re going to be encouraged by their bases to take pot shots are the other candidate. They won’t get into any meaningful policy debates, or be able to explain any policy further than “I believe all Americans should have healthcare,” or “I’ve done more for America than any other President,” or “I’ve got a plan to improve the economy.” There will be nothing substantive in this debate to help Americans make an informed choice about who should lead the country. Americans instead will judge the candidates, on who made the best burn/insult, who has a nicer looking face, who seems more comfortable on television, etc. So let me throw this out there, this is NOT a debate; this a glorified political version of a Comedy Central Roast.