website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

I think it's mostly surprising that there is only one Protestant on the court vs. six Catholics, given that the majority of American Christians are some flavour of Protestant and given that there has only been a single Catholic president in American history (Joe Biden would, if elected, only be the second Catholic president).

As for Asians on the high court, Trump seriously considered Amul Thapar and Obama seriously considered Sri Srinivasan (who is currently the DC Circuit Chief Judge, meaning he is the most senior member of the judiciary branch other than the Supreme Court justices). Jacqueline Nguyen had also been floated as a potential Obama pick for the Supreme Court.

To be honest if Biden is elected and gets to appoint two Justices I wouldn't be surprised at all if he nominates Srinivasan (Ketanji Brown Jackson would be all but a lock to replace Breyer).

Jews also are having a field day in the Court. Before this latest tenure there were only five Jewish judges in history and with Breyer, Kagan and Bader Ginzburg there were three at the same time. Dare I say the liberal Protestants got so carried away with all the equality talk they completely missed how Catholics & Jews have dominated the Supreme Court in XXI century :lol:

I'm pretty sure Sotomayor's gender and ethnicity was more important than her religion. And Trump follows the same path now, with Coney Barrett he picks a woman and that silences like half of the liberals who want women empowerement on the spot.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees religious freedom, so having a Supreme Court that’s two-thirds one religion seems like an issue to me.

ROFL. 90+% of all SC judges have been Christians. Remaining were Jews. And I think even now, atleast 80% of the Senators/House Representatives and Governors are Christians. So, I don't understand what the issue is with 6 Catholics on Supreme Court. 

Since there wasn't enough going on yet, an old new war is heating up.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The only winner in this conflict is Russia. They’re financing both sides, and I’m sure Putin’s just waiting for the perfect to time to deploy his little green men.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The only winner in this conflict is Russia. They’re financing both sides, and I’m sure Putin’s just waiting for the perfect to time to deploy his little green men.

Biggest ally of Azerbaijan is a NATO member. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Biggest ally of Azerbaijan is a NATO member. 

They’re riding a double-edged knife. They need the U.S. for protection from Russia, but they need Russia to finance their wars against Armenia.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela