website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, dcro said:

What's really problematic about Vox's video is their author claiming: "None of this has to do with Trump's political positions." And yet they have an entire assembly line for such videos. I'd like to see an example of someone bashing Biden and claiming it has nothing to do with his political positions. There is a difference between hidden subjective reporting (when you claim to be objective even though you clearly are not) and honest subjective reporting (when you do not claim to be objective).

However, just to be clear here, I am not a follower of any partisan media outlets.

It’s actually not wrong to be. It’s just important to check the information you read against other more credible/less biased sources. That’s the main idea of media literacy. I would agree that Vox is biased on their reporting here; I’m just saying that “right-wing media” is no less guilty of that bias.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, dcro said:

Can you just imagine Vox or some other leftist media discussing Biden's mental health like this?

Although, this was their biggest hit. Hands down.

People are not thinking for themselves anymore unfortunately, i mean left and right media are owned by someone with agenda of some kind, therefore vox for example will post s**t like this everytime because it's promoting their agenda.

"whoever controls the media control the mind"

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Another thing I hate about Vox is how they actually have some decent reporters, dealing with largely apolitical subjects.

But when you actually watch these videos, you immediately start getting this anti-Trump propaganda all over your Youtube feed. Ugh.

Yep, you can thank advertising/media interest algorithms for that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, dcro said:

Another thing I hate about Vox is how they actually have some decent reporters, dealing with largely apolitical subjects.

I will say that Vox’s editorial standards (in terms of factual reporting, not bias) are higher than other biased media in my opinion. In both their news articles and opinion pieces, they generally include links to the academic research or primary sources they based their opinion/reporting off. That makes it easier to fact check their reporting, and check those studies/sources against others.

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I will say that Vox’s editorial standards (in terms of factual reporting, not bias) are higher than other biased media in my opinion. In both their news articles and opinion pieces, they generally include links to the academic research or primary sources they based their opinion/reporting off. That makes it easier to fact check their reporting, and check those studies/sources against others.

I do not agree. Like I said, they make videos on subjects like film making and wine tasting, seemingly just to push their agenda on as many feeds as possible.

Combining slanted politics and non-politics content on a single channel is honestly alarming...

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Can you just imagine Vox or some other leftist media discussing Biden's mental health like this?

Although, this was their biggest hit. Hands down.

This is what I find hillarious. Democrats and leftist media for the past 5 years kept on telling us that Donald Trump is not fit to be president because he is senile and makes a lot of gaffes. So, naturally they choose Joe Biden, who is older than Trump and repeatedly makes mistakes even while reading speeches. 

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I do not agree. Like I said, they make videos on subjects like film making and wine tasting, seemingly just to push their agenda on as many feeds as possible.

Combining slanted politics and non-politics content on a single channel is honestly alarming...

I don’t agree that’s what they’re doing though. I don’t watch one of their videos on the history of photography or science of race walking and go “I should vote against Trump based off the evidence in this video.” 

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

This is what I find hillarious. Democrats and leftist media for the past 5 years kept on telling us that Donald Trump is not fit to be president because he is senile and makes a lot of gaffes. So, naturally they choose Joe Biden, who is older than Trump and repeatedly makes mistakes even while reading speeches. 

They = The moderates and elites in the party who fixed the primary.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They = The moderates and elites in the party who fixed the primary.

Progressives wanted even older Sanders. Also, if you want to run as anti-establishment candidate, be prepared to defeat the establishment. Once you defeat the establishment, you own the party. Like Trump did with Republicans. 

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

Progressives wanted even older Sanders. Also, if you want to run as anti-establishment candidate, be prepared to defeat the establishment. Once you defeat the establishment, you own the party. Like Trump did with Republicans. 

More than fair points.