website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

the second type of voters you mentioned is the worst type, sorry but a policy of voting to someone just because you hate the opponent is idiotic and even dangerous

welcome to the Italian system...:lol:

here the vast majority of people always vote only against someone (normally, those who were in charge in the last stint, who had to increase taxes and take unpopular decisions just to save the Country from bankruptcy), never in favour of someone (or some ideas) because it's the best choice (or because they just trust those principles)...:evil: :facepalm: :nopompom:

3 hours ago, Dnl said:

the second type of voters you mentioned is the worst type, sorry but a policy of voting to someone just because you hate the opponent is idiotic and even dangerous

Lol, our last 3 elections are like this.

All parties will join together to create either a pro-incumbent or an anti-incumbent coalition which make Indonesia has a pseudo two party systems.

And my voting job is very easy: choose the candidate which is not backed by fundamentalist religious group

Just now, Griff88 said:

Lol, our last 3 elections are like this.

All parties will join together to create either a pro-incumbent or an anti-incumbent coalition which make Indonesia has a pseudo two party systems.

And my voting job is very easy: choose the candidate which is not backed by fundamentalist religious group

2 hours ago, phelps said:

welcome to the Italian system...:lol:

here the vast majority of people always vote only against someone (normally, those who were in charge in the last stint, who had to increase taxes and take unpopular decisions just to save the Country from bankruptcy), never in favour of someone (or some ideas) because it's the best choice (or because they just trust those principles)...:evil: :facepalm: :nopompom:

To be honest our system in the last few years has become more and more like in your countries, it is another kind of global pandemic i guess...

The GOP appears to have enough votes in the Senate to appoint Trump’s nominee. If they go ahead with this before the election, Democrats have vowed to increase the number of justices on the Supreme Court. This would most likely be the start of a major Constitutional Crisis, and obviously that would not be good. 

There’s a lot a stake with a conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Outside of the ACA (Obamacare), the U.S. government has failed to pass any substantive social legislation since the 1980/1990s. That means that the legality of things such as abortion, gay marriage, gender discrimination, sexuality discrimination, religious discrimination, racial discrimination, etc. all rely on decisions in Supreme Court cases. Of course those precedents can always be overturned by a new ruling, which is why this is such a big deal. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

After his strenuous one event a day schedule over the last couple of days, Joe Biden takes today off.  It’s not like there’s much happening out there.  (“Call a lid” = no more events today)

In fact, this is the eighth day this month he has done nothing in the afternoon or evening.

Can you just imagine Vox or some other leftist media discussing Biden's mental health like this?

Although, this was their biggest hit. Hands down.

Vox: It’s impossible to rig an election.

Also Vox: Russia rigged the election.

#banbestmen

@dcro I’d be nice to see rightist media cover Trump’s mental health the way they cover Biden’s. (I would never use the term “rightist”, but I want show how easy it is to make these politically biased statements against only one side of the issue.) Dagger goes both ways, and it’s the people who ultimately suffer in the end. 

Americans have a very low media literacy level unfortunately.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@dcro I’d be nice to see rightist media cover Trump’s mental health the way they cover Biden’s. (I would never use the term “rightist”, but I want show how easy it is to make these politically biased statements against only one side of the issue.) Dagger goes both ways, and it’s the people who ultimately suffer in the end. 

There’s nothing wrong with Trump’s mental health.  He merely holds a different view of the world than you do.

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What's really problematic about Vox's video is their author claiming: "None of this has to do with Trump's political positions." And yet they have an entire assembly line for such videos. I'd like to see an example of someone bashing Biden and claiming it has nothing to do with his political positions. There is a difference between hidden subjective reporting (when you claim to be objective even though you clearly are not) and honest subjective reporting (when you do not claim to be objective).

However, just to be clear here, I am not a follower of any partisan media outlets.

#banbestmen

Another thing I hate about Vox is how they actually have some decent reporters, dealing with largely apolitical subjects.

But when you actually watch these videos, you immediately start getting this anti-Trump propaganda all over your Youtube feed. Ugh.

#banbestmen