website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

She also doesn’t seem to know the difference between Attila the Hun and Genghis Khan, since she’s clearly meaning to reference him. Also, how can one be “more conservative than Attila the Hun”?  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

She also doesn’t seem to know the difference between Attila the Hun and Genghis Khan, since she’s clearly meaning to reference him. Also, how can one be “more conservative than Attila the Hun”?  

I suppose 95% of Americans don't know the difference between Attila & Genghis Khan either so this ad obviously fits the demand :dunno: In a two-party system like US the only thing that matters is "we are good, them are bad", period :lol:

On 20/09/2020 at 20:33, Grassmarket said:

Good luck, Americans!  We’re worried about you.  According to Joe Biden, 200 Million of you are going to die from Covid, possibly as early as today.  :(

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/biden-says-200-million-people-will-die-covid-end-speech-video/

Good news, America!  Today Joe Biden is saying only 200 Americans have died of COVID.  That’s 199,999,800 lives saved in just 24 hours!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/mask-backwards-joe-biden-claims-200-americans-died-covid-video/

11 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Good news, America!  Today Joe Biden is saying only 200 Americans have died of COVID.  That’s 199,999,800 lives saved in just 24 hours!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/mask-backwards-joe-biden-claims-200-americans-died-covid-video/

This seems like either a deep fake thingy or an incredibly out-of-context bit of video. Oh well, not like some obscure site like that can be expected to do anything else :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This seems like either a deep fake thingy or an incredibly out-of-context bit of video. Oh well, not like some obscure site like that can be expected to do anything else :d 

I think both 200 million and 200 deaths are not deep fake or out-of-context bits but simple slips of the tongue. 

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I think both 200 million and 200 deaths are not deep fake or out-of-context bits but simple slips of the tongue. 

The point is that he was reading both numbers off a teleprompter without understanding them.  If any normal person made that mistake in speech they would correct themselves because they would immediately know it was ridiculous, but Biden just chatters happily on without a connection between brain & mouth.

Just now, Vic Liu said:

Biden's health condition is really a concern but I guess it's not crucial for voters. People vote for him either with strong liberal ideology or just hating Trump. He just need to keep alive.

the second type of voters you mentioned is the worst type, sorry but a policy of voting to someone just because you hate the opponent is idiotic and even dangerous

50 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Biden's health condition is really a concern but I guess it's not crucial for voters. People vote for him either with strong liberal ideology or just hating Trump. He just need to keep alive.

The thing is, mental health is a major worry for both candidates, both seem incredibly unstable and incoherent when they speak. Which is a perfect example for the current state of American politics, I suppose.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!