website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

@MHSN Could you add some insight on the Iranian wrestler who today has been executed after being tortured into confessing? Every news outlet just says "Iranian champion wrestler Navid Afkari", but none of them (neither Wikipedia) mention anything about what kind of level wrestler he was.

Edit: never mind, I see you're already posting about it in the wrestling thread, makes sense :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@MHSN Could you add some insight on the Iranian wrestler who today has been executed after being tortured into confessing? Every news outlet just says "Iranian champion wrestler Navid Afkari", but none of them (neither Wikipedia) mention anything about what kind of level wrestler he was.

Edit: never mind, I see you're already posting about it in the wrestling thread, makes sense :p

actually that should be posted here not in the wrestling thread, as far as I know he was just a wrestler in youth level 11-12 years ago with no achievement even in his own town. but I was just watching BBC and they called him "the former national team member" !!! :facepalm:

as I said in that thread this kind of "World support" wasn't helping him. actually made it worse. per unwritten rules they never execute someone in this month of the year ( for religious reasons) but they did this time ,quicker than usual. something like showing the middle finger . while his family was close to convince the victim's family to forgive him. (in Iran it's up to the victim's family to forgive or order the execution, and yes I know this is bad ) they were supposed to meet the victim's family today

Today was the first day of peace negotiations between Taliban and the Afghanistan government, while Taliban still refuses to call them the government. I know people there are extremely tired of 20 years of war and I wish them the best.

but still I can't understand how they can make a deal with Taliban. Taliban is not going to give up an inch. to have a better idea about how Taliban think, in regions under their control, girls can't go to school more than 4-5 years. (for Taliban that's enough as long as they can read and write and a bit more)

Taliban is already the winner even if nothing happens, 5000 of their soldiers got released (as a pre condition to start the negotiation) including dangerous murderers and rapers. :wacko:

36 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Yes, because I too go to “thegatewaypundit.com” for all the most accurate news. 

Their motto :roflmao:

I think I actually lost a couple brain cells visiting that website. I’m a little insulted that people consider that journalism. It’s entertainment at best, conspiracy reporting at worst.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, because I too go to “thegatewaypundit.com” for all the most accurate news. 

Their motto :roflmao:

I think I actually lost a couple brain cells visiting that website. I’m a little insulted that people consider that journalism. It’s entertainment at best, conspiracy reporting at worst.

There’s an actual picture of his teleprompter in the photo, and yet you still refuse to believe it because it’s from a disapproved website.  Doubleplusgood!

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Things are getting pretty desperate when a 4 months old interview is suddenly the talk of town among Trump campaign staff.

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

Things are getting pretty desperate when a 4 months old interview is suddenly the talk of town among Trump campaign staff.

If only Trump had a prompt, he may not say the ignorant and idiotic things he comes out with every 5 minutes :d