website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

A perfect recommendation for the world’s most important job, then.

Like I said, an election between spoiled milk and arsenic. Both are bad options. I argued strongly against both. Unfortunately, we have to chose one now. I won’t be choosing a NAZI, so it is, what it is.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Like I said, an election between spoiled milk and arsenic. Both are bad options. I argued strongly against both. Unfortunately, we have to chose one now. I won’t be choosing a NAZI, so it is, what it is.

You can't be a Nazi and pro-Jewish at the same time :p Trump is the most Jewish-friendly US President in history and setting up the embassy in Jerusalem proves that after all :evil:

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You can't be a Nazi and pro-Jewish at the same time :p Trump is the most Jewish-friendly US President in history and setting up the embassy in Jerusalem proves that after all :evil:

Yes you can.  

One thing are personal beliefs, another is defending the geopolitical interests of the nation.   

You also can't be pro-saudi at the same time if it was like you say. But he has to be because those are the interests of the nation. 

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

No, setting up an embassy in Jerusalem only proves that you are loyal to a certain unpopular Israeli Prime Minister. Plus, he definitely only did it as a vanity project so that his name would be praised.

Well he’s both a fascist and a white supremacist, so make of that what you will.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Yes you can.  

One thing are personal beliefs, another is defending the geopolitical interests of the nation.   

You also can't be pro-saudi at the same time if it was like you say. But he has to be because those are the interests of the nation. 

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, setting up an embassy in Jerusalem only proves that you are loyal to a certain unpopular Israeli Prime Minister. Plus, he definitely only did it as a vanity project so that his name would be praised.

Well he’s both a fascist and a white supremacist, so make of that what you will.

Trump is a businessman, first and foremost. He treats politics like business. USA has bankrolled Israel for the last 60 years, I suppose Trump wants the Jewish lobby in USA to give him some of that money back. Muslim countries are traditionally against USA, you've lost Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia isn't as US-friendly anymore either? No wonder Trump has picked the Jewish businesses over the Muslim.

I'm shocked that after all those years you guys still judge Trump by political measures. He's not a politician and never will be - even though he was voted into a political office.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Trump is a businessman, first and foremost. He treats politics like business. USA has bankrolled Israel for the last 60 years, I suppose Trump wants the Jewish lobby in USA to give him some of that money back. Muslim countries are traditionally against USA, you've lost Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia isn't as US-friendly anymore either? No wonder Trump has picked the Jewish businesses over the Muslim.

I'm shocked that after all those years you guys still judge Trump by political measures. He's not a politician and never will be - even though he was voted into a political office.

Trump is failed businessmen who only looks after his own interest. He runs this country, like he ran his businesses, for his own profit. Any policy he makes is to advance his name or gain profit, not to improve or strengthen the country in any way.

Trump loves white collar criminals and strongmen. Just look at how many he’s hung out with. Of course he loves Netanyahu! Not only is Netanyahu a criminal, but he’s also a strongman. Plus, Netanyahu acts like he’s protecting Western interests against Muslims, when all he’s doing is stoking further conflict with them for personal gain, or to satisfy a personal vendetta. 

Trump has never been a leader, politician, or businessmen. He’s failed miserably at all three.

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Trump is failed businessmen who only looks after his own interest. He runs this country, like he ran his businesses, for his own profit. Any policy he makes is to advance his name or gain profit, not to improve or strengthen the country in any way.

Trump loves white collar criminals and strongmen. Just look at how many he’s hung out with. Of course he loves Netanyahu! Not only is Netanyahu a criminal, but he’s also a strongman. Plus, Netanyahu acts like he’s protecting Western interests against Muslims, when all he’s doing is stoking further conflict with them for personal gain, or to satisfy a personal vendetta. 

Trump has never been a leader, politician, or businessmen. He’s failed miserably at all three.

He hasn't exactly failed at taking advantage of how divided the USA is in the last decade. The same way Boris Johnson took advantage of the Brexit division in the UK society when it seemed like Labour is gonna win back power based on how chaotic Tories looked after the referendum. You don't have to be a leader to become a leader in the modern times. You just have to play the divided cards right and the whole progressive vs moderate campaign among the Democrats is making Trump's job a lot easier. If he wins the second term it won't show how strong he is but rather how weak the Democrats are. If Trump has failed miserably then I can't even say how pathetic Hilary Clinton looks like right now tbh.

On 01/09/2020 at 19:59, Federer91 said:

Sure, but this doesn't show the silent majority that gave Trump the win in 2016. Those people don't take polls, or are afraid to say they'd vote for Trump. 

The numbers are closer than they were in 2016, even without those people, so i think Trump still has the upper hand there.

Except statistics showed very much that there's not much reason to believe in the idea of the silent Trump voter (especially those "afraid" to say so). The polling doesn't show any reason to do so.