website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Funny thing is, these protests could be inspired by Russia as Putin wants as weak Belarus as possible. Without export to Russia, Belarus economy would collapse in three months. The only change of scenery will happen when Russia allows to remove Lukashenka. He's very weak right now and that actually makes Russia tolerate him.

Joe Biden has announced California Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate.

I supported Kamala early in the primary process, before I did more research into her record. Plus, she didn’t really seem certain about many of her policies, which was a little bit of a turnoff for me. Kamala is somewhere in the middle between moderate and progressive; liberal might be a good description of her politics. I don’t know if this will win over disenfranchised progressives or anti-Trump conservatives.

With no third party candidates that fit my politics (or at least ones that clearly aren’t communists (I actually mean communist, the Green Party’s platform burrows quite a bit from the Soviet Union and PRC this time around)), and with the Kamala being a “local” representative in relative good standing with me, I’ll support Joe Biden’s bid for the Presidency. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I supported Kamala early in the primary process, before I did more research into her record. Plus, she didn’t really seem certain about many of her policies, which was a little bit of a turnoff for me. Kamala is somewhere in the middle between moderate and progressive; liberal might be a good description of her politics. I don’t know if this will win over disenfranchised progressives or anti-Trump conservatives.

With no third party candidates that fit my politics (or at least ones that clearly aren’t communists (I actually mean communist, the Green Party’s platform burrows quite a bit from the Soviet Union and PRC this time around)), and with the Kamala being a “local” representative in relative good standing with me, I’ll support Joe Biden’s bid for the Presidency. 

Nothing says 2020 like a woman who slept her way to the top.  :roflmao:

41 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

for some dumb reason i imagined this situation...

*Kamala Harris at the back*:"Run Biden RUN!"

Joe Biden:forrest gump GIF

22 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Nothing says 2020 like a woman who slept her way to the top.  :roflmao:

Alright, I take issue with that. That is an incredible disrespectful statement for a woman who has spent years, of not decades, as a public servant. 

I would agree that the circumstances under which she choose were a little fixed (i.e Biden “gifting” a women with a chance at a higher office), and that I would have preferred she was chosen on her merits (which she may have well been given the stiff competition for VP), but it is incredibly insulting to say that she won the VP nomination by sleeping with Biden.

I know you’re just joking, but this is one of times it crossed the line in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela