website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

So I guess Trump is going to actually try and ban TikTok on Saturday. As much as I’m not a fan of TikTok, the federal government shouldn’t be allowed to tell Americans what apps to use, or businesses to support, etc. This is just yet another heavy-handed authoritarian move from Trump. You could honestly apply a majority of the grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence to Trump’s time in office.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So I guess Trump is going to actually try and ban TikTok on Saturday. As much as I’m not a fan of TikTok, the federal government shouldn’t be allowed to tell Americans what apps to use, or businesses to support, etc. This is just yet another heavy-handed authoritarian move from Trump. You could honestly apply a majority of the grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence to Trump’s time in office.

Since when China are US friends? :p  TikTok is Chinese-owned and that's more than enough to trigger a ban since Trump has declared a trade war on China many moons ago already. I mean USA has banned Huawei before so this is a logical step :dunno:

I don't suppose even the hardest progressives or liberals will become China supporters just to paint another bad picture of the President they hate so badly :lol:

All of them from the Lewica (The Left) club. However their boss Czarzasty (a genuine communist dinosaur) said that putting the rainbow flags on a cross & other religious monuments was "wrong" so there is that. Polish left (post-communists) have last been in power 16 years ago and there's zero chance they can break the PO & PiS two-party system.

The woman third from left was leading a move to have the priests responsible for sexual harrassement but it came crashing down when it was exposed the leader of that move extorted money from the victims based on fake cancer diagnosis. Oh yeah, the Polish left-wingers have a hard time to score even a small victory lately :p

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

Obraz może zawierać: tekst „Soviet @XSovietNews Unofficial exit poll with 71,000 people questioned gives Svetlana Tikhanouskaya 71.1 percent of the vote, Alexander Lukashenko 15.7 percent. mиxaил YmeedyEsomk43ls 24 B oTBeT @TheresNoFate и @VictorKvert2008 npeAnocлeAHиe AaHHble exit poll no cocToRHию Ha 9 aBrycTa 17:30 3aKлю4иTeлbHble 6yAyT 21:00. лyKaweHKo 15,7 TиxaHoBcKaR 71,1% KaHonauKaR- 0,7 % 4epe4eHb 2,3 AmиTpиeB 3,8 % npoTиB Bcex % onpoweHo 71000 4eлoBeK. 44 46”

But according official exit poll Lukashenko gets 78%

There are thousands peoples in the streets in many Belarusian cities which makes riots with local army and police...

There was rumor that she might have the public support to bring down Lukashenko. Imagine if Lukashenko’s hold on power is ended by three women!  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela