website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

The other one is about Polish tourists voting in Croatia. Apparently some of them waited for 6 hours to vote. :p

Way to plan and/or spend your vacation days :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So I guess the real question is: Will Poland become the second Eastern Block nation to fall behind the Iron Curtain once more?

The exit/late polls aren’t encouraging at the moment, but it’s still close enough to change. 

You have zero knowledge about Law & Justice then. They are being accussed of tying up too hard to USA (esp. with a Republican President) than EU. Nobody wants to side with Russia over here, they remain a common enemy. Law & Justice simply dislikes Muslim immigrants & LGBT rights. They will never support that, period. Being against EU ideological rights doesn't mean siding with Russia. This is something the so-called West can't understand for years.

Duda has 51,1% of the vote. It is over. Another loss for the Civic Platform. The conservatives & the countryside have toppled the liberals from the big cities again :p

14 hours ago, Vojthas said:

As far as I can read out without translation, it's mostly about queue to the embassy/consulate by people on holiday in Croatia (quite a popular destination of Poles as they have a true sea instead of cold and dirty Baltic).

Hey ! can you Poles stop occupying and stop blocking the Slovak sea please :p

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

You have zero knowledge about Law & Justice then. They are being accussed of tying up too hard to USA (esp. with a Republican President) than EU. Nobody wants to side with Russia over here, they remain a common enemy. Law & Justice simply dislikes Muslim immigrants & LGBT rights. They will never support that, period. Being against EU ideological rights doesn't mean siding with Russia. This is something the so-called West can't understand for years.

Duda has 51,1% of the vote. It is over. Another loss for the Civic Platform. The conservatives & the countryside have toppled the liberals from the big cities again :p

I’m not talking about Russian affiliation when referencing the return of the Iron Curtain. I’m talking about Eastern Block countries openly choosing to elect leaders that will take away their personal liberties, and rule with heavy-handed authoritarian policies. Hungary fell first, and now Poland is poised to do the same.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Hey ! can you Poles stop occupying and stop blocking the Slovak sea please :p

Funnily enough, I rarely see any Slovak car registration around here, especially this summer. It's all Germans, Slovenians, Austrians and Czechs. :p

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not talking about Russian affiliation when referencing the return of the Iron Curtain. I’m talking about Eastern Block countries openly choosing to elect leaders that will take away their personal liberties, and rule with heavy-handed authoritarian policies. Hungary fell first, and now Poland is poised to do the same.

This isn't about Poland and Hungary and the authoritarian rule alone. UK rides the same boat after the Brexit vote. The immigration crisis has rolled the dice and people fear the immigrants will take their jobs and vote for parties that promise to keep the immigrants away. Capitalism is more important and more powerful than democracy.

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Funnily enough, I rarely see any Slovak car registration around here, especially this summer. It's all Germans, Slovenians, Austrians and Czechs. :p

btw have you by any chance seen any Slovak police officers trolling in Croatia ? as every year we already send a whole brigade to "monitor" the security of slovak citizens and if necessary to solve their problems :lol:

Policajti%20pomahaju%20na%20Makarskej.JP

ilu_croatia.jpg