website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Lol taiwan claims mainland China and Mongolia as theirs. Good thing they are a complete weakling, same thing with their backer america. 

Regarding Hong Kong, only thing america can do is gather 27 countries to condemn China and have the news organizations reports these 27 countries as the international community, very funny. 

First exit polls are in and Andrzej Duda takes 50,4% of the vote! Super close but Law & Justice has it locked down for the next three years now.

Turnout was 69% which is huge for Poland! Duda was supposed to be favored with a lower turnout as it's usual the case with Law & Justice as well.

18 minut temu, Monzanator napisał:

First exit polls are in and Andrzej Duda takes 50,4% of the vote! Super close but Law & Justice has it locked down for the next three years now.

Turnout was 69% which is huge for Poland! Duda was supposed to be favored with a lower turnout as it's usual the case with Law & Justice as well.

I believe that votes from people who votes in other countries can decide about final results, I heard that in most countries Trzaskowski was favourite

Certainly looks like some clear splits in that result.

Young vs old, cities vs. rural, east vs. west, high vs. low education. Pretty close among the genders, though. But overall a classic case for political scientists :p

20 minutes ago, rybak said:

You’re gonna have to translate that article if you want people to know what it says :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’re gonna have to translate that article if you want people to know what it says :p

As far as I can read out without translation, it's mostly about queue to the embassy/consulate by people on holiday in Croatia (quite a popular destination of Poles as they have a true sea instead of cold and dirty Baltic).
EDIT: From the official statement - in Split there was about 6 hours (!) long queue at the moment of closing the voting. All of them are allowed to vote, consul stays at the end of the queue to control the thing.

So I guess the real question is: Will Poland become the second Eastern Block nation to fall behind the Iron Curtain once more?

The exit/late polls aren’t encouraging at the moment, but it’s still close enough to change. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela