website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

9 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Today, Pakistan PM Imran Khan (who was captain of the victorious 1992 Cricket WC team) said that Osama Bin Laden was martyred. And he made this statement in Pakistan National Assembly. 

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Ugh. I need an “angry” reaction for that. 

That’s just unacceptable.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2020 version of the media bias chart has been released. There’s some fascinating information on here.

D70A1669-81C8-4F89-956E-81E4515F13C3.jpeg

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, are you surprised there are people who still dislike the "imperiallist America"? I'm not :dunno:  Fundamentalist islam is doing fine and well even in wake of 9/11 (and the fact George W. Bush is so heavily criticized for starting the War on Terror in USA). This narrative about Bush Jr being the worst US President actually helps the bin Laden martyrdom cause a lot IMO.

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Welcome to my world where even member of our parliament praising terrorists, proven terrorist.                    Preußen Münster Ohno GIF by 3Liga

51 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, GOP will never allow such cheap Democrat seats to become official :lol: 

Maybe Democrats should try with Puerto Rico instead? :evil:

Same problem. Puerto Ricans also have a history of low turnout in independence/statehood votes.

There’s a possibility DC becomes a state of the Democrats do well in this election. 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Same problem. Puerto Ricans also have a history of low turnout in independence/statehood votes.

There’s a possibility DC becomes a state of the Democrats do well in this election. 

DC is a Democrat dominated area for as long as I can remember. Even Walter Mondale won here with 85% after getting blasted everywhere by Reagan :lol: I checked back and the worst result for any Democrat Presidential nominee in DC was Jimmy Carter in 1980 - 74,9 % :p

To say there's a possibility Democrats do well in this "state" is the understatement of the year :lol: GOP might as well don't enter any candidates here like they did in Deep South back in the segregation days. No way this bill ever gets passed unless Dems control both houses and have a sitting President as well.

Even as someone who generally doesn't have major issues with CNN, I must say this is getting pathetic from them :lol:

4wDr6Ce.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!