website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

So, when Trump wants to have rally, then the internet/media are instantly afraid of Covid 19, but when there are thousands of protesters/rioters/vandals bunched up every single day, no one talks about Covid... As if it magically skips those people. 

You haven't really been paying much attention if you say nobody talks about COVID when it comes to the protests.

But nonetheless I would also say there's a major difference between the president actively gathering a major amount of people knowing very well that the Covid-19 situation is nowhere near over and people gathering to use their 1st amendment rights.

10 minutes ago, Agger said:

You haven't really been paying much attention if you say nobody talks about COVID when it comes to the protests.

But nonetheless I would also say there's a major difference between the president actively gathering a major amount of people knowing very well that the Covid-19 situation is nowhere near over and people gathering to use their 1st amendment rights.

I've paid enough attention to know that everyone is twisting the facts to benefit their own agenda. You can't have only one way. 

So, you can only organise liberal gatherings of major people knowing very well the Covid situation is nowhere near over. Gotcha ya! 

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I've paid enough attention to know that everyone is twisting the facts to benefit their own agenda. You can't have only one way. 

So, you can only organise liberal gatherings of major people knowing very well the Covid situation is nowhere near over. Gotcha ya! 

There has been plenty of comments on Covid during the protests as well.

The president has a responsibility to keep the people of the nation safe. That includes taking care of them during a pandemic. There's every right to question whether it's smart to be thousands for a protest during a pandemic as well, but I do find protests a better reason for such than political rallies (and I would certainly say the same if it was a democrat getting that terrible idea).

9 minutes ago, Agger said:

There has been plenty of comments on Covid during the protests as well.

The president has a responsibility to keep the people of the nation safe. That includes taking care of them during a pandemic. There's every right to question whether it's smart to be thousands for a protest during a pandemic as well, but I do find protests a better reason for such than political rallies (and I would certainly say the same if it was a democrat getting that terrible idea).

USA is so divided that the Democrats will never say a positive word about Trump even if he makes some correct decision by chance. Hell, even the Democratic governors lifted some COVID restrictions in wake of social pressure. COVID has become a political issue in USA and there's no point in denying it.

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

So, when Trump wants to have rally, then the internet/media are instantly afraid of Covid 19, but when there are thousands of protesters/rioters/vandals bunched up every single day, no one talks about Covid... As if it magically skips those people. 

Have you seen the BLM protests? Almost everyone wears a mask. Can’t say the same for the political party who is anti-science.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I' not surprised, whatever Trump does is wrong, all these progressive minds don't give a damn about COVID when it comes to BLM protests. COVID is old news in their community IMO.

The police kill more people than Covid...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That's what you get for herding gun culture for over 200 years :p

I’m pretty sure it’s what we get for founding our nation on a system of systemic racism.

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

So, I'm the second biggest lefty in the forum after olympian, no surprise.

Yes, but are you so left that you’re left handed as well :p

That has nothing to do with political views obviously. Me being left handed does lend to a lot of nice banter though.