website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

One wonders if it's even possible to leave the green box going by all these (similar) results... :p

Maybe by answering Strongly disagree to stuff like "What happens in a private bedroom by two consulting adults is not the state's business" and Strongly agree to stuff like "Astrology accurately explains events" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I guess I'm less green than you guys :p

even though it's impossible to know someone by answering these questions, things are not black and white, agree or disagree, I  mean as a man I don't think I have any right to decide about abortion but I had to pick one of those options.

Untitled.jpg

Good riddance, this man killed thousands of native Californians, and easily the most vile man in our history.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Rough words without reading more about him. Even a Californian Native American professor writing about him (whose words in this matter are a lot more valuable than ours, I assume) said "Serra's intentions were honest and genuine", and he acted from the actual belief that the souls of these people would be doomed otherwise. Nowadays obviously we know that's nonsense, which makes it easy to judge now.

And before a new war or something starts (since I know how easily this can be turned to "Oh so you think it's good that thousands of natives died?!"): no, I'm not saying it's good he did what he did. Just saying it simply is not as black and white as some people are trying to make it look (as so often is the case). Interesting matter though, I'll read more about what people like this Native American professor - whose words I value more than that of others in matters like this - have to say about him.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Rough words without reading more about him. Even a Californian Native American professor writing about him (whose words in this matter are a lot more valuable than ours, I assume) said "Serra's intentions were honest and genuine", and he acted from the actual belief that the souls of these people would be doomed otherwise. Nowadays obviously we know that's nonsense, which makes it easy to judge now.

And before a new war or something starts (since I know how easily this can be turned to "Oh so you think it's good that thousands of natives died?!"): no, I'm not saying it's good he did what he did. Just saying it simply is not as black and white as some people are trying to make it look (as so often is the case). Interesting matter though, I'll read more about what people like this Native American professor - whose words I value more than that of others in matters like this - have to say about him.

I haven't ever heard of this guy in first place :lol:  Who gives a damn about some friars from 18th century? I find it little surprising that atheists talk more about the Catholic Church than actual Catholics themselves :p

So, when Trump wants to have rally, then the internet/media are instantly afraid of Covid 19, but when there are thousands of protesters/rioters/vandals bunched up every single day, no one talks about Covid... As if it magically skips those people. 

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, when Trump wants to have rally, then the internet/media are instantly afraid of Covid 19, but when there are thousands of protesters/rioters/vandals bunched up every single day, no one talks about Covid... As if it magically skips those people. 

I' not surprised, whatever Trump does is wrong, all these progressive minds don't give a damn about COVID when it comes to BLM protests. COVID is old news in their community IMO.

So, I'm the second biggest lefty in the forum after olympian, no surprise.

Btw that question that correlates your concept of art to your political compass is very ideological on itself :lol:

Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

personalised chart