website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There has been a skirmish at the contested India/China border. It is known that India has suffered three causalities, and it sounds like the Chinese have suffered some as well. China has accused India of crossing the border, and attacking it’s personnel. It’s more likely that both sides were aggressors here.

North Korea has also blown up its inter-Korean liaison office. It seems like North/South tensions are escalating again.

I think NK is just an attention whore in this issue, the building is NK its own's. They can simply change it to other function or just shut it. But they chose to explode the building as a symbolized signal but they literally made it. The attention whore got the attention of the whole world. Also the so-called reason for escalation is the anti-Kim publication balloons from the south. Come on, this old-fashioned thing at least last for 50 years continuously. The whole drama is NK's own one-man show but successfully got won the free commercial of the world. The whole drama could just conclude into one sentence " Look at me, Kim Yo-jong, the sister of Kim Jong Un is on the stage now" 

image.png

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

There has been a skirmish at the contested India/China border. It is known that India has suffered three causalities, and it sounds like the Chinese have suffered some as well. China has accused India of crossing the border, and attacking it’s personnel. It’s more likely that both sides were aggressors here.

North Korea has also blown up its inter-Korean liaison office. It seems like North/South tensions are escalating again.

No Chinese media report this yet. According to Indian media, 5 Chinese dead and 11 injured, it definitely will burn out the anger of nationalism if this turn out true. 

28 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

No Chinese media report this yet. According to Indian media, 5 Chinese dead and 11 injured, it definitely will burn out the anger of nationalism if this turn out true. 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

I think NK is just an attention whore in this issue, the building is NK its own's. They can simply change it to other function or just shut it. But they chose to explode the building as a symbolized signal but they literally made it. The attention whore got the attention of the whole world. Also the so-called reason for escalation is the anti-Kim publication balloons from the south. Come on, this old-fashioned thing at least last for 50 years continuously. The whole drama is NK's own one-man show but successfully got won the free commercial of the world. The whole drama could just conclude into one sentence " Look at me, Kim Yo-jong, the sister of Kim Jong Un is on the stage now"

And also they include bibles in it, +1000 rage points for that..

55 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Haha he is always the first man to comment sensitive issues. But still official press of China remains silent including the one he is working on. I guess authorities don’t want to play it big and discussing the tone of this issue.

3 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Haha he is always the first man to comment sensitive issues. But still official press of China remains silent including the one he is working on. I guess authorities don’t want to play it big and discussing the tone of this issue.

Update from China side: The military finally publish a short statement about it in a "soft" tone. The statement claims India violated the census generated a few days ago and crossed the Line of Actual Control. This behavior caused clash and casualties. China calls for de-escalation through conversation.

The statement didn't mention the number of casualties and the injured of each sides and still calling for de-escalation through diplomatic measures. I guess it won't be a big news in China and it will fade out unless further escalation occurs.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Update from China side: The military finally publish a short statement about it in a "soft" tone. The statement claims India violated the census generated a few days ago and crossed the Line of Actual Control. This behavior caused clash and casualties. China calls for de-escalation through conversation.

The statement didn't mention the number of casualties and the injured of each sides and still calling for de-escalation through diplomatic measures. I guess it won't be a big news in China and it will fade out unless further escalation occurs.

Let me guess: this is going to end up with China accusing India of being aggressive and India accusing China of being aggressive and so on? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Let me guess: this is going to end up with China accusing India of being aggressive and India accusing China of being aggressive and so on? :p 

Sure thing. The statement of both sides are similar if you change the subject and object. Why? Because the Line of Actual Control is not a real line, the so-called line is always crossed by the other side.

31 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Sure thing. The statement of both sides are similar if you change the subject and object. Why? Because the Line of Actual Control is not a real line, the so-called line is always crossed by the other side.

It also changes on google maps depending what country you’re in ;)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela