website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

I’ve heard some journalists have been standing in same sport for over an hour while the protest passes :yikes: (No way to really verify that claim of course, but it’s big no doubt)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Agger said:

As expected, it's already back ;)

Unedited and just the way it was shown at first? :yikes:

Wow, they learn :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Even female chiefs of police are forced to resign amid BLM protests. Guess feminists will stay oh-so-quiet here?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53037953

This is about the guy who resisted arrest and then even thought it'd be a good idea to grab the officers' taser weapon, I guess? I wonder if this will lead to the same kind of protests as George Floyd's death, so far this one seems a whole lot less psycho-like than what Chauvin did...I mean, he grabbed a weapon for crying out loud.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is about the guy who resisted arrest and then even thought it'd be a good idea to grab the officers' taser weapon, I guess? I wonder if this will lead to the same kind of protests as George Floyd's death, so far this one seems a whole lot less psycho-like than what Chauvin did...I mean, he grabbed a weapon for crying out loud.

You're applying too much common sense. Since the police chief resigned then the fact this guy grabbed a police taser makes no difference. Unless maybe a policeman gets shot dead it won't make any difference IMO (and even then I'm unsure whether the BLM protesters would care). Police is reduced to mere whipping boys now, whatever they do, it will be a wrong decision.

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

*A non-lethal weapon.

This is a little more defendable then many of the other cases of police brutality that we’ve seen, but it still represents something inherently wrong with our police culture. Our police place too much emphasis on confrontational, violent methods ending conflict, and too little emphasis on positive problem solving techniques that would have much better outcomes for all parties. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela