website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, dharang said:

Yes, I also wanted to mention the latest statement of the WH spokeswoman: normally one reads such stuff on The Onion and similar satirical websites.

But now this is the reality, FFS!

During the last months of the Tsar’s rule in Russia, when Rasputin ran amok, the French ambassador wrote home to his superiors: “Unfortunately, I am now forced to conclude that the Russian Empire is presently governed by lunatics.” (qoute maybe not precise)

Wonder if any diplomat now reports something similar home from Washington....

I think they’ve been writing that for a while now...
If it took them this long to figure that out, I question their abilities as a diplomat.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Did the man confront the police? Yes. Is there multiple other ways they could have handled this situation? Absolutely (a simple detainment comes to mind, or even a simple shove to the side while assisting the older man in moving). Should we hold these police accountable? Absolutely.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

At least it gave us a sentence like this.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some of the biggest protests we’ve seen so far in the U.S. today. It seems like almost all of them have stayed peaceful. It will be interesting to see where the BLM movement goes from here. 

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Some of the biggest protests we’ve seen so far in the U.S. today. It seems like almost all of them have stayed peaceful. It will be interesting to see where the BLM movement goes from here. 

Slowly back to home, work and/or the campus safe space, until the whole thing starts again because of the next George Floyd or Tony Timpa or whoever will be the victim of the next psycho like Chauvin.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!