website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

And only one in modern American history who did not military invaded  any random country

I could name more than one rather easily. We stayed true to the Monroe Doctrine for a good century or so (though we did fight ourselves in that time period). However, upon thinking a little more, we did also practice manifest density and go to war with Native Americans, Spain, Mexico, Hawaii, etc.

It’s noting that Trump isn’t exactly demilitarizing the Middle East...: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/world/middleeast/us-troops-deployments.html

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

And only one in modern American history who did not military invaded  any random country

Because war is a waste of money and getting nothing back in his businessman eyes. This is somehow relief for the rest of world.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can tell you that more police officers is not what we need at the moment. I don’t think that’s going to help now. I might be something to look into once everything calms down, but I have a feeling that this would be very unpopular in the U.S.

He does link to a poll showing major support to having more police (though it's 3 years old). It would make it less stressfull and by all means make it more interesting for the good guys. 
No doubt that training is a lot as well, but it does make sense that it could help.

9 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Because war is a waste of money and getting nothing back in his businessman eyes. This is somehow relief for the rest of world.

War is generally not a waste of money for businessmen. They are generally the only ones who profit off of conflict. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Agger said:

He does link to a poll showing major support to having more police (though it's 3 years old). It would make it less stressfull and by all means make it more interesting for the good guys. 
No doubt that training is a lot as well, but it does make sense that it could help.

At least we’ve suggested something though, which is a lot more than I can say about many Americans right now. I think the best reform would be community driven policing support like I outlined a few pages back. Police shouldn’t be “different” or “above others” they should be, and act, like normal members of the community when they’re not actively acting as law enforcement.

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

War is generally not a waste of money for businessmen. They are generally the only ones who profit off of conflict. 

I mean not from the point of view of weapon producers but from the point of view of an outsider country government. For example, what's the benefit if US involve in the local conflict of some random middle east country? Maybe the US-backed local force will win the civil war eventually and a so-called democracy country established. Again, so what? What US can get? people may not be grateful and the local government with a high chance go corruption and collapse soon and fight again.

4 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Wrong. There is no money like war money. Every war generates money for the suppliers. Just ask the Brits how long they paid off "Lend & Lease" Act :lol: