website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

You've got nothing but a handful of belongings, living on the street, then these violent idiots come in and burn even the little bit you have..

On the other hand, luckily there are also some good things, little as they may be. This one shows both sides - yes, including regular police officers - very much don't lack humanity. Can't find an English tweet at the moment.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

On the other hand, luckily there are also some good things, little as they may be. This one shows both sides - yes, including regular police officers - very much don't lack humanity. Can't find an English tweet at the moment.

There are in fact quite a lot of those moment. Videos of officers taking a knee with the protesters, holding up signs against police brutality or actively participating in marches.

I would guess that all countries have some police officers who joined the police to live out their action hero dreams and end up being way too aggressive in situations, but even the US have plenty of officers who care more about the society than trying to be tough guys. But sadly the ones getting the attention are the ones doing the wrong things (on both sides)

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I feel like there’s some misunderstanding between me and lot of users on this issue. I would just like to say that I think there’s a big difference between U.S. and European (at least Western) police cultures. Police are systematically ruthless, quick to trigger, and feel like they’re above the law in this country.

Says who? CNN? Hollywood?

America has school shootings, serial killers, and probably few more similar things you can't really find anywhere else on the globe. Obviously they can't behave like the police in Sweden or Italy. But systematically ruthless? Not really, beyond mainstream media that is.

#banbestmen

Again, can't be sure if it's real or not, but it is fun to think about some lunatic somewhere thinking "lemme just take a dump on this car, that'll teach them!" :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

it's time to divide this area , i've never seen usa like a country but a mixture of imported cultures

they created those satanic laws called veto , unesco , IMF bank , W.H.O ....etc protected by atomic bombs used to sniff the money of world

they show the good things only, made in Hollywood : castles, pools, luxurious cars ...etc while they can't even back their external debt

p_1613fwqo71.jpg

truck, cars of white drivers hiting the black protesters

35 minutes ago, bestmen said:

it's time to divide this area , i've never seen usa like a country but a mixture of imported cultures

they created those satanic laws called veto , unesco , IMF bank , W.H.O ....etc protected by atomic bombs used to sniff the money of world

they show the good things only, made in Hollywood : castles, pools, luxurious cars ...etc while they can't even back their external debt

p_1613fwqo71.jpg

truck, cars of white drivers hiting the black protesters

You're forgetting the videos of truck drivers (who happen to be white) having to drive away to save their lives because a whole mass of people is climbing their truck and most likely ready to pull them out and beat them to God knows where (hello Reginald Denny). It's being a whole big shitfest from both extremes.

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

You've got nothing but a handful of belongings, living on the street, then these violent idiots come in and burn even the little bit you have..

So you’re in to Info Wars huh? According to a ProPublica (watchdog publication), who lives on a block near that homeless man (knows him by name), InfoWars and affiliates came in and set this whole scenario up. I’m not saying bad shit isn’t happening, we just live in an age where elaborate camera set ups, deep fakes, and misinformation are rampant. My general rule for determining what has happened, is that I need one primary source, and one reputable journalistic source backing it up.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

45 minutes ago, bestmen said:

in Palestine, the criminal dogs always do  that  and more

101263322_154794119425174_5630909554796583281611_154794149425171_377476413846349

The treatment of blacks by U.S. officers is often compared to the treatment of Palestinians by Israelis actually.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Not really sure about your second source either @heywoodu...I mean she posts some crazy shit.