website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Complicated and tense situation ongoing at the D.C protest right outside the White House.

I just realized this comes from a extremely biased right-wing source. Antifa is not involved in these protests in particular. Apparently this guy as “attacked” by some a while back, and has a personal vendetta against the group that clearly plagues his reporting (which I learned upon doing some fact-checking on him).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Here we are in th midst of a pandemic with virus spreading to the whole world. Mass gathering will only make the virus spread further. Here we have certain countries who have just ignored social distancing and gather together in large big groups for protest. I don't know whether this is the right thing to do or not in the midst of the pandemic? The rest is all history.

Rough night. Looting, riots, and fires in cities all over the country. Apparently there are larger gatherings planned in some cities tomorrow.

Journalists have once again been targeted by police.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

2 days to go for the big hearing at the Supreme Court to change the name of country!! 

From India to Bharat

Why? I didn’t even know this was being considered. 

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Rough night. Looting, riots, and fires in cities all over the country. Apparently there are larger gatherings planned in some cities tomorrow.

Journalists have once again been targeted by police

Plus so called protestors apparently attacking people in their cars and attacking the media as well. Both sides (as far as there really are two 'sides') really need to stop throwing buckets full of oil on the fire.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Why? I didn’t even know this was being considered. 

India is a English name so they want Bharat, a traditional name in history .

This hearing  comes in between the covid 19 that too .

Among other big changes expected the mobile numbers will change the number of digits from 10 to 11.  The code 91+ will be changed to just 9.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Plus so called protestors apparently attacking people in their cars and attacking the media as well. Both sides (as far as there really are two 'sides') really need to stop throwing buckets full of oil on the fire.

We also had a car attempt to drive full speed through a crowd protestors in Bakersfield, California today as well. 

There still remains rather large support for protestors in spite of all the looting and violence. 

My town is not immune to the protests either. Our local police shot and killed a man about 2 miles from house a few hours ago. Right now, the details of incident are really murky. Police claim he had a gun, some people claim he was blind, and no one seems to know what race he was. Nonetheless people arrived at the scene to protest. It sounds like it’s remained largely peaceful, but I can still here the police helicopter flying overhead.

11 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

2 days to go for the big hearing at the Supreme Court to change the name of country!! 

From India to Bharat

And I'm ready to make puns if this passes:

Do you like Bharat people or Barat (Indonesian word for "West") people?