website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, China can pour money into WHO now and WHO becomes a Chinese puppet like Trump preached it was already :lol:

Since USA quit, China doesn't have to put that much money any longer to gain the position. Less invest, more power. 

14 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I wonder why Trump can make many decisions on his own including some major ones like tax/tariff policy and quitting international memberships? Isn't it supposed to be passed by some procedure?  

WHO is just a side branch of United Nations. You don't have to pass any bills to stop funding them. Same happens with UNESCO which USA and Israel quit over a year ago.

Not surprised. It was obvious that WHO was protecting Chinese interests from the beginning. It's hardly a surprise that nations who went above and beyond initial WHO recommendations have handled this situation best.

The fact that pandemic was pronounced only after a country like Italy went into a nation-wide lockdown is astonishing. WHO are the ones to blame for the pandemic reaching proportions we are witnessing today..

#banbestmen

I can't quite understand the mechanism that US sanctions Hong Kong by treating it as rest part of China, ie more export regulations and raise tariff, generally speaking by hurting Hong Kong's economy. So Hong Kong people become the poorest ones, lost freedom of speech by Beijing and lost jobs/money by Washington. They protest hardly and lose anything they wanted. Eventually Singapore become the winner as they never protest and yell.

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Not surprised. It was obvious that WHO was protecting Chinese interests from the beginning. It's hardly a surprise that nations who went above and beyond initial WHO recommendations have handled this situation best.

The fact that pandemic was pronounced only after a country like Italy went into a nation-wide lockdown is astonishing. WHO are the ones to blame for the pandemic reaching proportions we are witnessing today..

I totally agree with you. You are right. The head of WHO must resign and take responsibility on how this pandemic worsen and spread to the whole world. Also it is the very first time in history that we have a person who is not a doctor to helm and be the head of WHO. So scary. No wonder he is so incompetent.

To the shock of absolutely no one, violent protests have broken out across the U.S. tonight. They’re not as bad as what we saw in Minneapolis, but it’s tense times for a lot of people in the U.S. I watched my old high school classmates just cannibalize each other on social media today (which was fantastic entertainment honestly). I think this will die down slowly by the end of the weekend. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Complicated and tense situation ongoing at the D.C protest right outside the White House.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela