website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Civic Platform has pulled their presidential candidate Malgorzata Kidawa-Blonska from the race after she tumbled in the polls over the last month. Her "let's boycott the elections" message was so weird nobody knew if she was boycotting them herself. They got postponed anyway but now could be held in late June or July. Anyway, this kind of nonsense is the main reason why Law & Justice remains in power. Civic Platform hasn't offered anything positive over the last five years and their bitching about Law & Justice has worn everyone down. Kidawa had worse polling results than literally all the main candidates including the far-right Krzysztof Bosak. CP's spectacular fall from grace reaches new lows every month and even their co-founder and knight on white horse Donald Tusk doesn't want to save them anymore speaking from the outside.

Word is, Warsaw president Rafal Trzaskowski will be the CP candidate now - literally one year after he won the Warsaw elections with 70% of the vote. However Warsaw is a liberal bubble that doesn't define the whole country. Ex-foreign affairs minister Radoslaw Sikorski wants to steal the nomination for himself but he's been relegated to second row years ago and can't be taken seriously anymore.

Trump will end National Guard deployment on May 24. Why is that a big deal? Members of the National Guard were first deployed 89 days prior. If they were to be on active duty for 90 days or more they would receive benefits like early retirement, and have their college education paid for by the government. What a shity person you have to be to leave states without workers, and to purposely take benefits away from some of our most dedicated frontline workers. Shame.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Meanwhile I see California will open for business soon. So much for standing up against Trump. I suppose someone put the heat on the Governor and he buckled :lol:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-18/newsom-reopening-coronavirus-benchmark

Yeah, I’m a little disappointed in him. The GOP has decided to rally around their collective disbelief in science, medicine, and research again. The best way to deal with them is to put out guidelines people who believe in science will follow, and then let those idiots die in the hospital.

I think our governor got too concerned about the economy. He just didn’t want to deal with the blowback from a terrible economic situation. I guess we’ll see what happens in the next few weeks. Hopefully cases don’t go up dramatically.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I’m a little disappointed in him. The GOP has decided to rally around their collective disbelief in science, medicine, and research again. The best way to deal with them is to put out guidelines people who believe in science will follow, and then let those idiots die in the hospital.

I think our governor got too concerned about the economy. He just didn’t want to deal with the blowback from a terrible economic situation. I guess we’ll see what happens in the next few weeks. Hopefully cases don’t go up dramatically.

Exactly. The COVID pandemic is no longer a health issue, it's an economical issue. Capitalism is more important than health, democracy or medicine. It's as simple as that. Trump as life-long businessman understands the power of capitalism. People losing their jobs will be blamed on these Democrat governors who want to keep people locked down for health reasons. This is a no-win contest for the Democrats. Watch other Democrat-run states fall in line and open their ecomony during the summer. They've got no choice no matter what the science says.

Ugh, another moderate :( These two were the most conservative Democrats in the race (outside of Tulsi Gabbard). We don’t even get a non-white candidate for a major office.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ugh, another moderate :( These two were the most conservative Democrats in the race (outside of Tulsi Gabbard). We don’t even get a non-white candidate for a major office.

Biden has so much support among black voters, he doesn't need to pick a running mate of color, period.

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It's not like Klobuchar is the only potential candidate going through the vetting ;) No surprise that she is on the list, but there's a long way to go.