website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just thought I’d share an two interesting clips that seem to make the rounds every once in a while online. These clips are from “The Newsroom”, a old (I think 2010ish) HBO satire/comedy, where premise is a news anchor that spends a good portion of his career being agreeable suddenly outs himself as a Republican with very opinionated thoughts on the US. The show feels incredibly relevant today. I agree with everything the actor says in the clips. I’d love to hear some of thoughts because this is an interesting premise.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’m seriously to the point where I’m 90% sure that I just want to write “The Cookie Monster” on my ballot this November. In my opinion, that is the standard of candidates in the US.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, there are rumors Kim Jong-Un has died. Someone has inside intel from North Korea. :d

You're late to the party :evil:

But no, he's not dead until Ri Chun Hee announced it or Rodong Sinmun put it on the headline.

6 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

You're late to the party :evil:

But no, he's not dead until Ri Chun Hee announced it or Rodong Sinmun put it on the headline.

I'm gonna count major Chinese or South Korean media announcing it as well, but yeah, not so much the rest :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm gonna count major Chinese or South Korean media announcing it as well, but yeah, not so much the rest :p

Major Chinese and South Korean media are keep saying or implying Kim's fine these days. It may be true or it means South Korea and China are busy handling this unexpected issue. This is not the first time rumor about Kim's death, according to previous experience, he will show up to end this within 2 weeks.

If Kim is really dead, WOW, huge battle between North and South Korea, and China VS USA. Can't predict how it will develop.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Major Chinese and South Korean media are keep saying or implying Kim's fine these days. It may be true or it means South Korea and China are busy handling this unexpected issue. This is not the first time rumor about Kim's death, according to previous experience, he will show up to end this within 2 weeks.

If Kim is really dead, WOW, huge battle between North and South Korea, and China VS USA. Can't predict how it will develop.

Seriously, because what we really need more of in 2020 is proxy conflicts :facepalm:

As much as I’d love to see the North Korean regime fall, I think it’s in the world’s best interest to see Kim’s sister take power. 

Nothing thus far to proof anything about Kim Jong Un death. However his death could also mean the end of nuclear missles. It could also mean the end of the suffering of the North Korean people. However all is a speculation and we do not know what will happen. If it is true that Kim Jong Un is dead, then his sister Kim Yo Jong has to take over. But then no one can predict what will happen in the future. We need to hope for someone brave enough in North Korea or South Korea to tell us all something. If not back to square one and no news.

2 hours ago, up and down said:

However his death could also mean the end of nuclear missles. It could also mean the end of the suffering of the North Korean people. 

Yeah....no.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!