website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Apparently thousands of Brazilians have gone onto the streets today in support of Bolsonaro and his mediocre precautions, even going so far as to call for 'AI-5', one of the decrees of the military dictatorship which gave the president pretty much God-like power :facepalm: 

Yeah, people bitch about Trump, but I would so very much prefer to have Trump as my president than Bolsonaro. Trump is nothing compared to him.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, people bitch about Trump, but I would so very much prefer to have Trump as my president than Bolsonaro. Trump is nothing compared to him.

I remember during the election time in Brazil I read a lot of negative comments from our Brazilian friends about this guy and I was thinking, "come on , they are exaggerating, this guy can't be that bad. and Brazil is not like my country where one guy can make a huge difference"

but it turned out I was very wrong :p:cry:

Netanyahu has got to go if Israel ever wants respect from the Western World (and possibly better relations with the Islamic block).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently thousands of Brazilians have gone onto the streets today in support of Bolsonaro and his mediocre precautions, even going so far as to call for 'AI-5', one of the decrees of the military dictatorship which gave the president pretty much God-like power :facepalm: 

The difference is that Trump is a dumb asshole, while Bolsonaro is a calculated asshole.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Netanyahu has got to go if Israel ever wants respect from the Western World (and possibly better relations with the Islamic block).

Sorry to tell you that no cares about the Islmaic block they are by far the most hated people here even large portion of the Israeli Muslim community hate them as the try to provoke everyone they disrespectful towards the country and it’s people, they entire agenda is to cause havoc and try to change the country horrifically extra fact Ahmad Tibi the head of the committee which handles rehab of injured IDF veterans and families devastated by Arab terror.

as he repeatedly describe them in word I will not use...

mid you take to a Democratic point of view it’s like giving trump a committee handling what is PC and what is not.

it’s like giving to a non doctor or medical expert run WHO, oh never mind....

the point here is that ,those who went out to replace Netanyahu, only did this to replace Netanyahu. The combined List (I think it’s the translate in English) is not a cause to do so moreover they are large problem here causing havoc among everyone Jews Muslim and Christian every single day unfortunately the media from abroad coverage is horrendous 

2 hours ago, Dnl said:

Sorry to tell you that no cares about the Islmaic block they are by far the most hated people here even large portion of the Israeli Muslim community hate them as the try to provoke everyone they disrespectful towards the country and it’s people, they entire agenda is to cause havoc and try to change the country horrifically extra fact Ahmad Tibi the head of the committee which handles rehab of injured IDF veterans and families devastated by Arab terror.

as he repeatedly describe them in word I will not use...

mid you take to a Democratic point of view it’s like giving trump a committee handling what is PC and what is not.

it’s like giving to a non doctor or medical expert run WHO, oh never mind....

the point here is that ,those who went out to replace Netanyahu, only did this to replace Netanyahu. The combined List (I think it’s the translate in English) is not a cause to do so moreover they are large problem here causing havoc among everyone Jews Muslim and Christian every single day unfortunately the media from abroad coverage is horrendous 

I think there’s plenty of room for peace though. I think the Muslim block is terrible and Israel is right not to bend to their will, but fire + fire doesn’t = peace. The Israelis could do a lot to improve their global position, such as getting rid of that criminal Netanyahu. The police/army could also try diplomacy with the Palestinians (not Hamas, the Palestinians). The problem is that neither side wants to make concessions, and concessions have to be made for peace to exist.  

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The difference is that Trump is a dumb asshole, while Bolsonaro is a calculated asshole.

Making Bolsonaro significantly more dangerous and, unlike Trump, giving him a feel of someone who could realistically become an actual dictator.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Making Bolsonaro significantly more dangerous and, unlike Trump, giving him a feel of someone who could realistically become an actual dictator.

I can easily see Brazilian democracy falling within the next year or two. The questions is, what will Brazilians do about it? Democracy takes work, people have to participate in the system. People have to put forth their best work. People have to stay informed. People need to be the watchdogs.

Western democracy is failing because we allowed ourselves to become and lazy, entitled, and uninformed. The early 2000s brought about great progress around the world, but that progress seems to be slowly eroding now.

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can easily see Brazilian democracy falling within the next year or two. The questions is, what will Brazilians do about it?

Protest as always. There are not many countries out of where one reads more about protests, demonstrations, strikes and so on than Brazil and France :p (on an always-existing kind of level, not for example Hong Kong in the recent months or so)