website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What kind of American names their child “Tito”? 

Did not expect you to explicitly say non-English Americans are no real Americans :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Did not expect you to explicitly say non-English Americans are no real Americans :yikes: 

Well it’s just that I could think of another “Tito”. Not really looking to have the same name as him...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Until the Second Amendment gets revoked, it's a lost battle for all these twitter talking heads :dunno:

And until then thousands of American will continue to sit by idly and do nothing about one of the biggest issues in our nations history. It’s frustrating. I’m not safe at the movies, at university, going out to dinner with friends. The first thing I do when enter a building is look for the exits. In the richest nation in the world, with the most personal freedoms, that shouldn’t be a everyday reality. I shouldn’t have to constantly run through scenarios of what I do to survive in places of enjoyment. Our founding fathers had a vision to give everyone “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”; and that simply isn’t the case with easy access to guns. The same people who claim to have guns to protect themselves from an autocratic government, are the same people who support the current government, which is one of the least democratic in our history. It’s also worth nothing that minorities are disproportionately affected by gun violence too. We are honestly the stupidest nation on the Earth. I mean that at this point. I mean how many issues to compound before we have serious problems in this country? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

And until then thousands of American will continue to sit by idly and do nothing 

Indeed, only placing more and more oneliners on Twitter, more and more posts on forums everywhere instead of actually doing anything. Text only. Repeat again and again for more tweets and more posts about how 'now it's really gone too far!' and 'enough is enough!'.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

And until then thousands of American will continue to sit by idly and do nothing about one of the biggest issues in our nations history. It’s frustrating. I’m not safe at the movies, at university, going out to dinner with friends. The first thing I do when enter a building is look for the exits. In the richest nation in the world, with the most personal freedoms, that shouldn’t be a everyday reality. I shouldn’t have to constantly run through scenarios of what I do to survive in places of enjoyment. Our founding fathers had a vision to give everyone “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”; and that simply isn’t the case with easy access to guns. The same people who claim to have guns to protect themselves from an autocratic government, are the same people who support the current government, which is one of the least democratic in our history. It’s also worth nothing that minorities are disproportionately affected by gun violence too. We are honestly the stupidest nation on the Earth. I mean that at this point. I mean how many issues to compound before we have serious problems in this country? 

The chase is more important than the catch. Too many politicians and activists on both sides of the fence would lose their fuel if the Second Amendment gets struck down. The non-stop arguments & winning the dispute is more important than human life. Poland is obviously dismissed as conservative trash country which doesn't support gay rights but hey, there's like one chance in a zillion we have a mass shooting anytime soon since it's extremely difficult to obtain a gun permit let alone buy a semi-automatic assault rifle. You'd basically have to be a member of organized crime to have access to this kind of weapons over here.

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Indeed, only placing more and more oneliners on Twitter, more and more posts on forums everywhere instead of actually doing anything. Text only. Repeat again and again for more tweets and more posts about how 'now it's really gone too far!' and 'enough is enough!'.

The fuck can I do! Our reps don’t listen and because of fucking uneducated half the country is, they keep electing these idiots. All I can do is use my voice. It’s all my generation has. There’s no opportunity, not enough jobs, when we speak out, we get pushed, we’re constantly dismissed by people completely out of touch with the hard realities of this country. I guess nothing matters anymore. Fuck laws, fuck morals, fuck civilization? Tell me what I’m supposed to do.