website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Speaking of Wisconsin, how about this?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/13/politics/wisconsin-judge-remove-voter-rolls/index.html

So much for a wonderful democracy when a quarter of million people are denied their voting rights. I bet the Democrats must love this judge now :p

This is how the republicans try to win elections. They make it impossible for people to vote. Every election people all of sudden get removed from voter rolls. If the democrats passed mandatory voting, abolished the electoral college, and made everything based off the popular vote; they’d never use another election. I’m for all three of those because I’m for complete democracy, and I believe have a right to vote.  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is how the republicans try to win elections. They make it impossible for people to vote. Every election people all of sudden get removed from voter rolls. If the democrats passed mandatory voting, abolished the electoral college, and made everything based off the popular vote; they’d never use another election. I’m for all three of those because I’m for complete democracy, and I believe have a right to vote.  

I'm not really sad that the US democracy doesn't work. The electoral college is a laughing stock but hey, it's not like Democrats didn't have their chance to wipe it away during all those years? Right now nobody cares about three electoral votes from Montana or whatever :lol: Then again, it prevents the two-party system from allowing a third party involved so actually both Dems and GOP know it works into their favor in the big picture. If people are fed up with one party, they can only vote the other into power and vice versa. They're all too smart to let that get away. UK voting system is equally flawed but at least some Lib Dems, Greens or national parties can make their way into the Commons. It's impossible to have a third party member win even a single seat in Congress.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm not really sad that the US democracy doesn't work. The electoral college is a laughing stock but hey, it's not like Democrats didn't have their chance to wipe it away during all those years? Right now nobody cares about three electoral votes from Montana or whatever :lol: Then again, it prevents the two-party system from allowing a third party involved so actually both Dems and GOP know it works into their favor in the big picture. If people are fed up with one party, they can only vote the other into power and vice versa. They're all too smart to let that get away. UK voting system is equally flawed but at least some Lib Dems, Greens or national parties can make their way into the Commons. It's impossible to have a third party member win even a single seat in Congress.

Might not be far from the truth honestly. In California every thing, except for US President, is decided by popular vote. We have a six party democracy within the state, though normally only republicans and democrats win elections. In fact most of the time, at least in the past decade, we’ve had democrat v. democrat because of our top two first round system.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Might not be far from the truth honestly. In California every thing, except for US President, is decided by popular vote. We have a six party democracy within the state, though normally only republicans and democrats win elections. In fact most of the time, at least in the past decade, we’ve had democrat v. democrat because of our top two first round system.

State politics is small thing even in California. If you make in into Congress or a genuine government job in Washington it's the true elephant success. When did the Whigs fold? Like before the Civil War? :lol: You're looking at 150+ years or two party system and these are lifelong political animals running the show. You can write "US State Senator" as a job, it's not a frickin' service anymore. Add the political families running wild on both sides of the fence and you get the complete picture. Besides every in-state thing can be overturned by the magical Supreme Court which is nominated by the President so everything stays in the two-party system. I'm sorry but choosing your state representative between two members of the same party screams communist "choice" all over the place. So much for your beloved democracy.

The popular vote is a fraud. Didn't like California ban the same-sex marriage in some popular vote few years back but then Supreme Court overturned that? So five judges can send your popular vote down the gutter at any given time :sure:

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Thats BS , illegals vote, dead people vote, the dems steal elections and it's good thing that some judges actually removes the fraud voter rolls. California is full of them, if only the people who are allowed to vote will vote then the dems will not win another elections.

and the electoral college is what's preventing the country from being decided only by new york and california, everyone matters and thats how it always should be. 

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m going to have to politely disagree with every single word in this post. So glad I voted for Pelosi in my first election. 

I’d say the whole email investigation wasted much more time and resources, but to each their own I guess. Like the SNL skit said last night, I do fear this election will come down to 1,000 people in the middle of fucking no where Wisconsin, who won’t even think about voting until the day of :p. Trump will not win the popular vote, that’s clear. Unfortunately (at least from my perspective) he still has a chance in the electoral college. I just hope we can end this disgraceful period of American history.

It’s so weird to live in this ultra divided nation. It wasn’t like this growing up. 2020 is going to be an interesting year. 

So that means you were from San Francisco, you're ok with how pelosi destoryed the city? and how schiff destroyed hollywood? L.A and San Francisco are full with vagrant homeless, drugs, diseases and shit flowing on the streets, and who's fault is it? the democratic leadership. Hopefully some time in the near future the people will wake up and start electring republicans who will clean the streets, kick out the illegals, provide homeless housing and become a real city and state again. I'm proud that the only Republican in the city assembly is from my district.

IF you think that the elections will come down to 1,000 you're in for a rude awakening in November. This elections will not be even close. The american people see through this Impeachment scham, They understand that it's a totally partisan thing that is run by people who  are trying to overturn elections vote. And furthermore the same people even say that if they don't impeach, then he will win, look at what Pelosi, Nadler or Hillary said, they are fully admitting it that he will win. So they start a Hoax, started with russia, found nothing, went to ukraine, and trying to impeach, however it will backfire because obviously it won't go through in the senate, but in the senate we will have the majority so the clowns like the bidens will be summoned to testify, and guess what, the swamp will be drained. So due to that november will see a red wave that was yet to be seen, Trump will easily win, but the house will be taken back.

Trump have been an amazing president, that is putting America in front, and it's a huge change from the worst of all time. Obama that put America last.

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Thats BS , illegals vote, dead people vote, the dems steal elections and it's good thing that some judges actually removes the fraud voter rolls. California is full of them, if only the people who are allowed to vote will vote then the dems will not win another elections.

and the electoral college is what's preventing the country from being decided only by new york and california, everyone matters and thats how it always should be. 

So let’s see here.

“illegals vote” First, I’d never refer to a person as illegal, undocumented sure, but all people have a right to life. Also, I’d be incredibly dumb to vote as an undocumented immigrant (one way trip out of the country right there). In fact, Trump’s own investigation found that more citizens tried to vote illegally, more than any undocumented immigrants. 

“dead people vote” Dead people cannot vote as they are no longer alive (I get what you mean, but a little light hearted joke never killed anyone). Another common misconception about US elections. I could pull up numerous studies that show while that happens more than it should, it’s never enough to influence the outcome of an election. Plus, I like to put a little faith into democracy because it’s pretty much the only thing keeping us for tearing each other apart at this point. 

The Democratic Party has won the popular vote twice, and the lost the presidency. So let’s not talk about who’s stealing what.

Thankfully we live in California where anyone legally allowed to vote can, and thankfully our county is making it easier to vote than event during the next election. (I could be wrong about some of the minor details here) We now have 10 days in which we can vote at one of 15 polling centers in the country, and you can even use an app to choose your candidates, and just have them instantly loaded onto the voting machine once you get to your polling center. We’ll take pretty much any form of ID.

Everyone’s vote should have equal weight. My vote will not matter as much as someone’s from Green Bay or Des Moines. That’s completely against the democratic values the country was founded on.  

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So let’s see here.

“illegals vote” First, I’d never refer to a person as illegal, undocumented sure, but all people have a right to life. Also, I’d be incredibly dumb to vote as an undocumented immigrant (one way trip out of the country right there). In fact, Trump’s own investigation found that more citizens tried to vote illegally, more than any undocumented immigrants. 

“dead people vote” Dead people cannot vote as they are no longer alive (I get what you mean, but a little light hearted joke never killed anyone). Another common misconception about US elections. I could pull up numerous studies that show while that happens more than it should, it’s never enough to influence the outcome of an election. Plus, I like to put a little faith into democracy because it’s pretty much the only thing keeping us for tearing each other apart at this point. 

The Democratic Party has won the popular vote twice, and the lost the presidency. So let’s not talk about who’s stealing what.

Thankfully we live in California where anyone legally allowed to vote can, and thankfully our county is making it easier to vote than event during the next election. (I could be wrong about some of the minor details here) We now have 10 days in which we can vote at one of 15 polling centers in the country, and you can even use an app to choose your candidates, and just have them instantly loaded onto the voting machine once you get to your polling center. We’ll take pretty much any form of ID.

Everyone’s vote should have equal weight. My vote will not matter as much as someone’s from Green Bay or Des Moines. That’s completely against the democratic values the country was founded on.  

The country was founded exactly on a Electoral college, it was something the founding fathers came up with, and not Reagan or Nixon.

Obviously i meant undocumented, and they have right to live, but not here, only in their own country.

8 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

So that means you were from San Francisco, you're ok with how pelosi destoryed the city? and how schiff destroyed hollywood? L.A and San Francisco are full with vagrant homeless, drugs, diseases and shit flowing on the streets, and who's fault is it? the democratic leadership. Hopefully some time in the near future the people will wake up and start electring republicans who will clean the streets, kick out the illegals, provide homeless housing and become a real city and state again. I'm proud that the only Republican in the city assembly is from my district.

IF you think that the elections will come down to 1,000 you're in for a rude awakening in November. This elections will not be even close. The american people see through this Impeachment scham, They understand that it's a totally partisan thing that is run by people who  are trying to overturn elections vote. And furthermore the same people even say that if they don't impeach, then he will win, look at what Pelosi, Nadler or Hillary said, they are fully admitting it that he will win. So they start a Hoax, started with russia, found nothing, went to ukraine, and trying to impeach, however it will backfire because obviously it won't go through in the senate, but in the senate we will have the majority so the clowns like the bidens will be summoned to testify, and guess what, the swamp will be drained. So due to that november will see a red wave that was yet to be seen, Trump will easily win, but the house will be taken back.

Trump have been an amazing president, that is putting America in front, and it's a huge change from the worst of all time. Obama that put America last.

No, not from San Fran. I’m SoCal born and raised. I’d say the wealthy corporations are responsible for what happened in San Francisco. I’ve been to Hollyweed, it seemed quite fine while I was there. We’re full of the homeless because the national government refuses to give us any support. Plus, when citizens suggest ideas about how to solve the problem conservatives always complain that those plans cost money. Also, I’ve volunteered at my local homeless shelter (unlike you I’d imagine), and let me tell you, those people deserve nothing but love and support. Our lack of action turns them to hard drugs. The anti-vax movement in the state is the reason we see these diseases break out. I’ve also never seen “shit flowing down the streets”. The only thing “flowing down” our streets is dust, tumbleweeds, and on rare occasion, water.  I hope you have some people in mind to work the labor intensive jobs that you claim immigrants are “stealing”. Republicans will clean the streets? Yes, they’re own in neighborhoods where no black or brown people live, and where there’s not a homeless person in sight. They sure as hell ain’t providing homeless housing because that would cost the state money, and it might have to come out of their pockets ?. I’m ashamed to have the house minority leader as my rep. Hopefully we cancel his ass in 2020.

Yes, these elections won’t be close because Trump will lose the popular vote by millions. The American people see what a con-artist, lair, and cheat our “president” is. This process is partisan, and that’s why Trump will still be in office at the end of it. There’s no need to overturn an election we won, but only technically lost. Trump may win, but we will give it our all in 2020. Russia did meddle in our elections, just like in Britain’s past elections too. The “swamp” won’t be drained until we stop election complete idiots like Trump, McCarthy, Nunez, Graham, Cruz, and McConnell to government positions. Your “red wave” was really impressive in 2018 and 2019 elections. Trump may win the presidency, as unfucking believable that is, but the Democratic Party will more likely than not remain in control of the house.

Trump has been the worst president in history (though Jackson, Taylor, and Nixon could give him a run for his money). We are putting America behind. It’s a change from not terrible, to baby that shits itself daily because the mean French and Canadian guys were laughing at it. Obama wasn’t the President, but he was 100 times better than Trump could ever dream to be.

16 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

The country was founded exactly on a Electoral college, it was something the founding fathers came up with, and not Reagan or Nixon.

Obviously i meant undocumented, and they have right to live, but not here, only in their own country.

The founding fathers also thought that slavery was fine, women and black people didn’t need to vote, and the natives were “savages” that need “education”. Some undocumented immigrants have never known any country but this country. What about them?