website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Sometimes I wished our constitution allowed for one on one gun duels like Paraguay’s :p. Just give Pelosi and Trump a pistol, and the winner becomes president. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, Agger said:

While other thinks he'll leave soon.

If anybody (and that's a big IF) should be mentioned as a number 5, I believe it'll be Klobuchar.

Yang, no! He does have a base of people who likes him, but it feels unlikely.

My main fear is what will happen with the ones joining late (Bloomberg and Patrick), They won't win, but I really fear that they (especially Bloomberg) will cause trouble when it comes to beating Trump.

Personally I was the kind of person who could end up supporting Bloomberg, but joining at this late stage is stupidity.

Same. I also find myself thinking I could support Bloomberg. He’s a good candidate, and has a good record. He supports journalists (Bloomberg is generally a trustworthy publication). I don’t respect him running in this election though because I fear he will cause a split in anti-Trump voters. 

Klobuchar would be lucky to be in the top 10. No one (not Republicans, not Democrats, maybe Independents) wants a moderate right now. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Love the ad, still not supporting him in the primaries, but really, great ad :yes

Fun little report. Tomorrow the UN tells us who’s the happiest at the end of the decade. My money is one :SUI:NOR:DEN or :IRL.

The UN measured the wrong qualities though. I prefer a combination of stats such as “The Good Country Index”, World Freedom Ranking, Suicide Rate, Homicide Rate, and Economic Satisfaction.

I back after some years in the square for a political manifestation against the hate politics of the Italian right-wing (Salvini and Meloni).

I know that it's strange a strike against the opposition, btw... Italy is a strange country :p

A pics from Salerno, a small city in the Southern Europe

IMG_20191206_205325.jpg

1/4 of our country is just Nazis at this point. I’m 95% certain of this :facepalm:

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Fun little report. Tomorrow the UN tells us who’s the happiest at the end of the decade. My money is one :SUI:NOR:DEN or :IRL.

The UN measured the wrong qualities though. I prefer a combination of stats such as “The Good Country Index”, World Freedom Ranking, Suicide Rate, Homicide Rate, and Economic Satisfaction.

You forgot one thing - warm weather. Suicide rate & economic satisfation feel slightly less important when your butt freezes cold 99% of the time and reindeers could be your pet animals at home. I'm sure as hell Texas & Florida are more friendly to live in than Wyoming or North Dakota too :lol:

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You forgot one thing - warm weather. Suicide rate & economic satisfation feel slightly less important when your butt freezes cold 99% of the time and reindeers could be your pet animals at home. I'm sure as hell Texas & Florida are more friendly to live in than Wyoming or North Dakota too :lol:

Clearly California has the best weather, but yes Florida and Texas are nice too :p. I don’t actually mind the cold though. Does it suck, yes. Does it stop me from going about my day, not really. I could absolutely see how people could find the cold unlivable though, so fair point. Maybe I should add Climate to that list above.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Clearly California has the best weather, but yes Florida and Texas are nice too :p. I don’t actually mind the cold though. Does it suck, yes. Does it stop me from going about my day, not really. I could absolutely see how people could find the cold unlivable though, so fair point. Maybe I should add Climate to that list above.

I specifically excluded California from the list due to state taxes. Nobody would want to live in Sacramento when you get zero SoCal beaches and 100% of their taxes. Texas & Florida have zero income state tax - instant winner.

For someone so glued to climate change excluding weather from rating people's happiness is a criminal mistake :p You could pay the entire population of Canada millions to move to Yukon full-time and they would still reject it IMO :raspberry:

46 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Nobody would want to live in Sacramento when you get zero SoCal beaches and 100% of their taxes. Texas & Florida have zero income state tax - instant winner.

For someone so glued to climate change excluding weather from rating people's happiness is a criminal mistake :p You could pay the entire population of Canada millions to move to Yukon full-time and they would still reject it IMO :raspberry:

Nobody would ever want to live in Sacramento period :p. Hell, I got robbed there the one time I stayed in town. Look, if we just forget about the Central Valley, California is a wonderful state :d.

The taxes have their usefulness. Californians have better social support programs, education, and natural resources than most states. We’re far from perfect though, and many of our systems need desperate improvement. I would classify myself as very happy though (when it comes to California, not the US). The biggest issues in the state are the affordable housing crisis, homeless crisis, and water crisis. Some of that is the responsibility of the federal government, and some of that is our responsibility.