website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2021

Totallympics

Another great race and medal from Gulyás, it's good to see that even if her shooting isn't perfect, she's a good enough runner to correct her mistakes. She really is one of the biggest winners of the one year delay in the entire Hungarian Olympic team. 

Unless I miscalculated, after the World Cup Final the ranking quotas would be distributed to these 8 NOCs:

:GBR  :HUN  :MEX  :ITA  :RUS  :POL  :TUR  :GER 

And the next 5 spots for likely reallocations depending on what happens with the tripartite and WCh quotas:

:FRA  :JPN  :KOR  :CHN  :EGY 

On 14/05/2021 at 19:48, Vektor said:

Unless I miscalculated, after the World Cup Final the ranking quotas would be distributed to these 8 NOCs:

And the next 5 spots for likely reallocations depending on what happens with the tripartite and WCh quotas:

Same with the men's competition:

:HUN  :GER  :BLR  :EGY  :UKR  :POL  :CZE  :ESP 

:CHN  :IRL  :LAT  :MEX  :MEX 

On 15/05/2021 at 01:48, Vektor said:

May I ask how can the next 5 spots all receive the reallocation quotas? I know there may be up to three 2021 WCH quotas and one host quota. Still maximum 4 reallocation quotas I can count, I wonder this question because China is the fifth as it loses tie break with Egypt.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

May I ask how can the next 5 spots all receive the reallocation quotas? I know there may be up to three 2021 WCH quotas and one host quota. Still maximum 4 reallocation quotas I can count, I wonder this question because China is the fifth as it loses tie break with Egypt.

There are 2 tripartite quotas, they will likely be reallocated as ranking quotas like in 2016. 

On 14/05/2021 at 18:48, Vektor said:

Do you know how far down the women's ranking is :IRL Sive Brassil? Just wondering is there a chance for her to qualify via a reallocation?

Edit: Ok, I think there is no chance of her getting a reallocated quota, so unless she wins a qualification spot at the World Championships then she won't make it.

12 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Do you know how far down the women's ranking is :IRL Sive Brassil? Just wondering is there a chance for her to qualify via a reallocation?

I think she's 34th in the ranking, she needs to be in the WCh Top15 at the very least to have a chance to qualify. 

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think she's 35th in the ranking, she needs to be in the WCh Top15 at the very least to have a chance to qualify. 

Thanks for the reply. I think it's a tough ask but not completely out of the question. Hopefully she will continue until Paris 2024 and finally make it to the Olympics.