website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2021

Totallympics

52 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Will Asadauskaitė miss the World Cup Final because of this? I am not entire sure how the World Cup works, but she's only 30th in the World Cup ranking. 

She would need a heck of a coincidence in other athletes' results, including Sunwoo Kim finishing not higher than 34th... And I still haven't checked the reserve list, so even that might not be enough.

58 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Will Asadauskaitė miss the World Cup Final because of this? I am not entire sure how the World Cup works, but she's only 30th in the World Cup ranking. 

I think the World Cup final is the least of our worries now that there are covid cases in the team.

The second Olympic quota in the men's competition was not looking too likely either, so what we're losing mostly is form and training time before the OG.

6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

that was a crazy race indeed ! ibattulina wasted a very big lead after shooting range 1 and ended without any medal 

Indeed, what a way to lose all mental strength with such a lead.

For my part, nice to see Arceo back in shape, and hopefully she will continue to improve; but even more important Mayan Oliver is a few points away from securing a second quota for Mexico with that 5th place today.

Anyways, some appeals later Venčkauskaitė, Serapinaitė and Kinderis were allowed to start in the finals.

Asadauskaitė was not allowed though, so she might be one of those cases or was in close contact with someone that was sick. 

Great weekend for us, another medal for Kasza (bronze), Kardos with a 4th place, and all the 4 Hungarians are in the Top10. There can be a fierce competition among the Hungarian pentathletes for the two Hungarian quotas. 

• 4 weeks later...

Terrible World Cup Final for Alekszejev, this is good news for Sarolta Kovács, she can still be the second Hungarian pick for Tokyo. Gulyás is still in great shape, hopefully she can stay in the Top10, her quota and place in the Hungarian Olympic team seems secured. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

And 18 years old Amira Kandil is leading before the combined, Egypt is looking good for their second women's quota. @thepharoah

thanks , but she's not really good in combined especially in shooting , so i'm not too confident about her final result , unfortunately there's no direct qualification from this WC final