website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2021

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

You can bet that Asadauskaitė will attack that 54 second margin to first place :p 

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw her in fifth on the final lap.

:POL Maliszewska in 3rd - our first podium since Świderski/Kobecka gold in mixed in... Sofia 2019.

Just now, Vojthas said:

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw her in fifth on the final lap.

:POL Maliszewska in 3rd - our first podium since Świderski/Kobecka gold in mixed in... Sofia 2019.

Well, Laura still needs more time to get into form, because on her peak, she could definitely take back those couple of seconds.

5th place after a year and a half hiatus is good enough for me.

And since Venčkauskaitė picked up a 3rd place in World Cup 1, it could be an interesting battle going on in the Olympics if the fencing works out. 

21 hours ago, Werloc said:

There's always live results on the official UIPM website, there's a direct link in the very first message of this thread. Permykina is 21st after riding. 

Now there are no results after Fencing in https://www.uipmworld.org/event/uipm-2021-pentathlon-world-cup-i 

Dispair performance by Mexican pentathletes.

For starters, Carrillo and Sandoval had subpar racing; it's like this pair will never grow and learn to handle pressure and give it all... shame. Still Carrillo will get some points in the Olympic rankings, but they won't be enough to secure qualification, so he'll have to do better next week.

Padilla on the other hand did a respectable job and had his best competition in a while, finishing 13th. Maybe with some work he can repeat his WC podium from 2019 and aim for a second spot in Tokyo.

On 10/04/2021 at 01:02, rybak said:

Amazing 3rd place for Maliszewska, now she is closer to take spot from ranking to Olympics :cheer:

What about the Olympic rankings? Does it only include the top 3 results in the qualifying period?

1 hour ago, Illya said:

What about the Olympic rankings? Does it only include the top 3 results in the qualifying period?

Yeah, the 3 highest. Which is why the ranking can change a lot with the last two events (World Cup finals and World Championships), because those are the two "level 1" events in the Olympic qualification. 

32 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, the 3 highest. Which is why the ranking can change a lot with the last two events (World Cup finals and World Championships), because those are the two "level 1" events in the Olympic qualification. 

And World Championship is direct qualification event